Rage

I was hoping everyone would go for the orange and white CS, so that will be the release CS with the Blue CS released the same day. Oh, there's been some changes to the panel lines and rivets. I removed the three portals from the side underneath the canopy and repositioned the third vertical panel line to make the two front panels the same width instead of the second one being an odd size. Then there was a few changes here and there to make stuff a little better than it was. So some touch-ups that to me make the plane look better.

Boy I'll tell you what I'm really tired of this texture tearing problems I've been calling the angle stripe problem. I did a pre-release build and gave it a good look and found another small bad area on the vertical stabilizer, just a small thin area on the top that messed up just one rivet and caused the panel line to have a small separation in it. So I did the same thing, saved the VStab as an OBJ file and then deleted the vstab and imported the OBJ file and it fixed it as usual. Anyway I'm trying to get it ready to release, that is if these little problems will quit happening.

seems like that is an issue with no fix other than what you found , but at least you can fix it with that work around

So I did the same thing, saved the VStab as an OBJ file and then deleted the vstab and imported the OBJ file and it fixed it as usual.

Sounds like you should save every file as an OBJ and import, (probably not that simple).
I guess you have contacted Knife Edge for a solution.

Thanks guys. Yeah at least I have a good work around so it's not too hard to fix that stuff. When I save it as an OBJ file it also sets the pivot point to the front center of the plane and also changes the '~' on all the parts to an '_' so I have to go around and fix that stuff too. But it's still a pretty easy fix it's just a pain to have to do it.

Ha. I noticed something else recently too. Load up the 'first' Big Red I did and look at the bottom wing and there's a large bad area in the front that goes like half way out on each bottom wing, so RF-8 definitely renders different than RF 7.5 because I don't remember ever seeing stuff like that in RF 7.5 but the first Big Red has a bad area on the bottom wing (top and bottom) in RF 8. Bummer.

Well I guess no releases this weekend either after I found that stuff I want to fly it more to make sure something else doesn't crop up. But for now I'm on break again and will be working on the house. I still have some time of a morning and evening to model but I don't always feel like messing with it after working on the house all day. So, modeling is taking last place again for a while.

me too i'll have to check those out later thanks technoid for the finished Rage and bonus CS , just been flying it and very nice Ea and CS thanks

Last edited:
Back