Range Video Jet (FPV platform)

Boof69

This was started a long time ago and I just decided to open it up and do more work on it.
This is known as the RV Jet and it seems pretty sweet by all accounts. This model comes with each wing in two sections. This allows for a short winged fast flyer and a longer winged slow(er) flyer. The configurations do not stop there. More mid sections can be added and really extend the width of this model. Even multiple fuselage variations are possible.
This plane is a pusher to allow for an unobstructed view from the dome covered fully gimballed camera mount.
I plan on releasing different configurations as in the real world.
I also have some ideas on control setups allowing for better control of the camera gimbal.
This is a brilliant video reviewing the RVJet
Polys are at 17,393

Attachments

• RVJET01.jpg
    RVJET01.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 62
  • RVJET02.jpg
    RVJET02.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 52
  • RVJET03.jpg
    RVJET03.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 57
  • RVJET04.jpg
    RVJET04.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 41
  • RVJET05.jpg
    RVJET05.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Here are some configurations that are possible in the real world. Obviously the poly limit will not allow for them all but they are still interesting.

Attachments

• Config1.jpg
    Config1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Config2.jpg
    Config2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Config3.jpg
    Config3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Config4.jpg
    Config4.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 66
Man, I love your renders!! They just keep getting better all the time. Freaking thing looks real!!

Thanks Andy and jjf. I still have a lot of polys to work with. Hope I can show even more detail.

So I started back on this one today. I thought I would post some renders. Not a big change from before but it is moving forward.

Attachments

• Prelim1.jpg
    Prelim1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Prelim2.jpg
    Prelim2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Prelim3.jpg
    Prelim3.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Prelim4.jpg
    Prelim4.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Prelim5.jpg
    Prelim5.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 47
Hi guys! Renders look really good, keep it up! :)

To enable multi-fuse configs you might skip the gimbal on at least one of them and use the foam nose instead. My guess is that a lot of the polys is in the PnT which would be greatly reduced this way.

Regards,

Simon (one of the RVJET designers)

Last edited:
Back