Real Flight 6

DanielM2024

I have real flight 6 and i am trying to load the program on my hp envy laptop to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

There are known problems with RealFlight and some CPUs and GPUs can you please list your CPU and GPU model numbers. And does your laptop only have the GPU that is Built-in the CPU or does it have an add-on GPU too. Then someone can help you.

Please be more specific. An "hp envy" could be any one of at least a couple dozen different PC's. I'm going to assume that it's new, has a 12th gen or later CPU, and uses the onboard GPU. Intel has removed support for DX9 from its video drivers. RF6 requires DX9 and won't work. There are so many threads here about the problem that I don't know which ones might solve your problem.

Please be more specific. An "hp envy" could be any one of at least a couple dozen different PC's. I'm going to assume that it's new, has a 12th gen or later CPU, and uses the onboard GPU. Intel has removed support for DX9 from its video drivers. RF6 requires DX9 and won't work. There are so many threads here about the problem that I don't know which ones might solve your problem.
I know there are work arounds for newer versions of RF, but I don't know if those work arounds would work on a even older version of Realflight. It is possible it will never work.

I have real flight 6 and i am trying to load the program on my hp envy laptop to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
Try the information found here, Don't pay any attention to anything but the posts about installing DXVK .dll which Ryan Douglas talks about in that thread, everything else there doesn't apply to Realflight 6.

You will need to install some files not found on the Realflight website into your Realflight installation manually as there is not going to be updates on depreciated products for compatibility. If it doesn't work for you, then you will need to upgrade to Evolution to use Realflight on that Laptop. Realflight 6 will work on a computer with an Nvidia GPU and most AMD GPU's

Last edited:
Back