Real flight trainer not working

wterpenn

Hello,

I just downloaded the software through Steam. Based off what my specs are on the cpu, it seems everything should be compatible, but nothing happens when i load it up. Just shows the plane. Mouse moves, but cannot access the menu bar. I bound the ws2000 to my DX8, but nothing is responding.
Specs:
WIndows 11
12 gen intel core 17-1255u
16gb memory

Hoping i can get some help with this. Id like to have this just to practice a bit w/o taking my plane out.

Thank you.

12 gen intel core 17-1255u
This is your problem. The onboard GPU is not compatible with Dx9, which is used by RF. There are a bunch of posts/threads about the problem that suggest various workarounds. Since I don't have Evo or a 12th gen CPU, I can't verify exactly which ones work.

To get the new style menu, press the Esc key.
To get the old-style menu bar, press the ~ key and type "showlegacymenu" (less quotes) and hit enter, the old-style menu should now show at the top of the screen.

@wterpenn, in your original post you said you had RealFlight Trainer Edition, but you posted in the RealFlight 9 forum, and based on the above it sounds like you actually have RealFlight Evolution. Those are three different versions of the software. Can you please clarify?

Back