RealFlight 9.5 is available now!

When are you going to use a modern graphics API so I can use VR without stuttering everyone in the flight sim world has moved to DX12 or Vulcan or at least DX11 and this software is still on DX 9.

When you registered RF9, you created a password yourself for future updates. It is likely one of your usual passwords. It can be reset by contacting Horizon Hobby during the week.

ok, Thank you, I use all my passwords I use, Knife and Horizon, keep saying. Somebody with this serial # has this, sure i have it

I get this every time I start 9.5 now in a log file. I don't have any custom models with that name. I do have a network O: drive though (nothing RF on it). I know the program tries to use a virtual O: drive when running. I can't find any other stuff with that name I can delete so I'm just living with it as it doesn't seem to effect anything. Of course I can't delete or rename the built in model.

RealFlight found multiple objects named: E-flite UMX Turbo Timber
Old: O:\rfsim\Image\Models\Vehicles\E-flite UMX Turbo Timber\E-flite UMX Turbo Timber.bse
New: C:\Users\User1\Documents\RealFlight 9\Vehicles\CustomModels\E-flite UMX Turbo Timber.bse

I'm not getting the update option in RF9 w/ internet connection fully licensed and purchased from Horizon Hobby.

I'm not getting the update option in RF9 w/ internet connection fully licensed and purchased from Horizon Hobby.
Have you registered your copy? Pretty sure it needs to be registered before you can update. Contact realflight support for help.

RealFlight found multiple objects named: E-flite UMX Turbo Timber
Old: O:\rfsim\Image\Models\Vehicles\E-flite UMX Turbo Timber\E-flite UMX Turbo Timber.bse
New: C:\Users\User1\Documents\RealFlight 9\Vehicles\CustomModels\E-flite UMX Turbo Timber.bse
Are you saying no such file exists at the "New" location above? That would be pretty mysterious. It sounds like you have a custom model whose .bse happens to have the exact same name as the stock model added in 9.5.

Renaming (or deleting) the custom one would be the only way to resolve that message. In the case of a conflict like that, RealFlight will load the stock version of the file. I haven't tried this or thought through it deeply, but I imagine loading any custom variants pointing at that custom .bse to end up loading the stock vehicle art with the custom physics.

The registration server went down partway through the weekend. It was back up as of this morning.

Please try again now if you haven't already. You should see the option to update. (That is assuming you don't already have the latest version, which as of this this writing is 9.50.024.)

I purchased the update to RF 9.5 today by way of Steam. The RF Trainer is installed. When I launch it, it crashes, but the peculiar thing is that I have no problem launching and running the trainer. I am getting an amdkmdag.sys error and a bluescreen, after which my Windows 11 restarts.

I purchased the update to RF 9.5 today by way of Steam. The RF Trainer is installed. When I launch it, it crashes, but the peculiar thing is that I have no problem launching and running the trainer. I am getting an amdkmdag.sys error and a bluescreen, after which my Windows 11 restarts.

The error you are receiving is an AMD driver error. I suspect that you have an AMD GPU on your system. AMD Drivers have a history of issues with Realflight as of lately and it is probably due to their dropping of DX9 support in their driver suite which Realflight is still a DX9 software. I would start with reinstalling the GPU driver, and if that still doesn't work I would look at Nvidia GPU's as they generally work better and don't have issues with older software or wait for the next version of Realflight as it may be on a newer API than DX9

My RealFlight 9.5S will not let me use my b switch at all and wont let me assign any switches to the reset button or anything else down in that column at all no matter what switch I try.I have a Futaba T16IZ and it's brand new

I just upgraded to real flight 9.5 S and the system will not let me resize for my 4KTV no matter what resolution I choose it does nothing and when I go to full screen I only see a quarter of my view Is anyone else having this issue

I just upgraded to real flight 9.5 S and the system will not let me resize for my 4KTV no matter what resolution I choose it does nothing and when I go to full screen I only see a quarter of my view Is anyone else having this issue
I’ve had resolution issues since changing over to 9.5s. I found a work a round that has been working for me. In the RF settings, set the hardware resolution to what your monitor is capable of displaying. In my case it’s 3840 x 2160, then hit ok and return to windowed mode. Then hit the alt key and return to go to full screen. Yes you’ll only see the very narrow angle field that you were mentioning. Then return to windowed mode. Go to the graphics setting in the simulation tab ( not settings that you previously checked your resolution, but the graphics tab that has the low to best graphics slider.) change your graphics slider to either best or higher. If it’s already at the highest setting, bring it down 1 notch. Hit apply and let RF restart. Hopefully it will restart with better graphics and allow the larger resolution. Moving forward each time you start RF, you won’t need to go to settings to adjust the resolution if it was left alone since the last usage. You will just cycle to full screen and back to windowed and then go to graphics and adjust the slider one level up or down and apply. The restart always has worked for me. I realize not everyone is having this resolution/ graphics quality issue, but I’d imagine a fair amount are. This method has worked every time for me after hours of trial and error with it. This seems to be a software glitch that hopefully gets fixed. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back