RealFlight 9 is coming soon!

so i'm in Canada and i bought RF 8 through a hobby shop up here but its not the horizon edition so i'm missing some of the aircraft , will this happen when i buy the RF9 up here as well ?

The initial RealFlight 8 release was published by Hobbico. Obviously some big things changed in the industry after that, and the RealFlight 8 Horizon Hobby Edition came out a year later. As the first RealFlight product released in association with Horizon Hobby, it was the first opportunity to include some of their very popular product lines in our sim. RF8 HHE replaced the previous RF8 release in stores, but if you purchased RF8 before then, the HHE Add-On was required to get those extra new models.

Note that while there may have been a delay in availability outside the US, the separate editions had nothing to do with region.

For RealFlight 9, our first new major version with Horizon, there is simply no need for a separate edition to more tightly integrate RealFlight and Horizon products. We have been working closely together from the very beginning. As you've no doubt seen, RF9 is full of Horizon models! And I think you'll be happy to know that it also includes all of the RF8 HHE models you're looking for. :)

The initial RealFlight 8 release was published by Hobbico. Obviously some big things changed in the industry after that, and the RealFlight 8 Horizon Hobby Edition came out a year later. As the first RealFlight product released in association with Horizon Hobby, it was the first opportunity to include some of their very popular product lines in our sim. RF8 HHE replaced the previous RF8 release in stores, but if you purchased RF8 before then, the HHE Add-On was required to get those extra new models.

Note that while there may have been a delay in availability outside the US, the separate editions had nothing to do with region.

For RealFlight 9, our first new major version with Horizon, there is simply no need for a separate edition to more tightly integrate RealFlight and Horizon products. We have been working closely together from the very beginning. As you've no doubt seen, RF9 is full of Horizon models! And I think you'll be happy to know that it also includes all of the RF8 HHE models you're looking for. :)

thanks Ryan i'm going to order RF9 with the new controller soon as Great Hobbies gets it in :)

thanks Ryan i'm going to order RF9 with the new controller soon as Great Hobbies gets it in :)

Nice! The new InterLink DX is great. It feels really good, and especially if you're accustomed to the Spektrum layout I think you're going to love it. :cool: Plus all those channels!

I will be ordering it as soon as it is available. Since I use Spektrum for my real RC planes I am so looking forward to having a Spektrum Interlink. Although I have used the USB1000 dongle before, it is a PITA.

Kmot, it should be right up your alley. :)

I think it's worth making a post soon with more details about the new InterLink. Watch for that.

Apparently it's been released to a few people already

Attachments

• 20190815_191256-786x1196.jpg
    20190815_191256-786x1196.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 39
Thank for the update Ryan.

Any significant improvements for VR? Thanks.

I just got a note from HH about this;

"At this time, the VR setup/settings are still the same from RF8 to RF9"

So that kinda kills any plans to upgrade RF8 to RF9 for me right now. Although the new interlink controller looks so nice I may be tempted to just buy the RF9 Combo. I'm soooo weak, lol!

Last edited:
Back