Render World

Have you checked for driver or bios updates from asus, maybe run "event viewer" app and look at windows logs for a hint of what is causing concern, but as Technoid suggests try a fan to keep laptop cool, or add memory.

I managed to get the task manager pulled up and noticed cpu was at 100%and memory was at 22%. Don’t know if that helps or not. I’ll try to get a screenshot next time.

I managed to get the task manager pulled up and noticed cpu was at 100%and memory was at 22%. Don’t know if that helps or not. I’ll try to get a screenshot next time.
I would expect it to be at 100% CPU when it's rendering especially with a lower powered CPU. The memory at 22% is definitely a good thing is that after it's been rendering for a long time? I ask because the memory requirements may change during the rendering process.

About Technoid's suggestion - be sure the vents on the bottom/back/sides aren't blocked. Using it on your lap or a soft surface can block them and cause it to overheat as he suggests. You might also want to think about replacing the 4G RAM with another 8G. 8G+4G forces the RAM to run in single channel mode. If the 2 RAM modules don't match, it can't operate in dual channel mode. The extra RAM & dual channel mode might give you significantly better speed.

Back