Request Aircraft Here! #2

would someone be willing to do a great planes electrifly cirrus, e-flite rv-9, and e-flite stearman with some scale mods such as exhaust and cables for the wings. thanks. or tell me how to make them and help me would me nice to. thanks again

what do i have to do or go to get started to try to build?

jeffpn said:
I'll be a couple weeks to a month before I finish what I'm on. If nobody else has picked it up, I'll do it.
Oh wow...really?

Thank you!

Is there anything else I can post up or send you to make the job any easier?

jhardman said:
would someone be willing to do a great planes electrifly cirrus, e-flite rv-9, and e-flite stearman with some scale mods such as exhaust and cables for the wings. thanks. or tell me how to make them and help me would me nice to. thanks again

what do i have to do or go to get started to try to build?

That's eerie! Someone just requested those exact same planes with those exact same details just yesterday!

Last edited:
Jeff,
If you're using 3dsMax 20xx or above, the .kex exporter will not produce a G3.5 friendly file.
If you have 3dsMax9 or below it should be Dino friendly.

Good call, phrank. I'm using 9. But it looks like Bryan's doing the physics, huh? All I can give him is a .kex.

phrank said:
Jeff,
If you're using 3dsMax 20xx or above, the .kex exporter will not produce a G3.5 friendly file.
If you have 3dsMax9 or below it should be Dino friendly.

You can still use the 3ds2kex converter though. It will make a 3.5 friendly .kex.

You just have to be real careful with your pivots.

jeffpn said:
Good call, phrank. I'm using 9. But it looks like Bryan's doing the physics, huh? All I can give him is a .kex.
Yup, a .kex and .TGA is all he needs to get it going.

phrank said:
Correct, but according to your thread Max can't even create the proper .3ds export.
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=26201

The issue is with the pivots. If you rotate a pivot independantly in Max and then export to .3ds the rotation information is not preserved.

There's a couple of ways around this. You can rotate the entire primitive to where the pivot is in the right orientation before you start shaping it OR you can create a small box, rotate the entire box to the correct orientation, then attach your target object to it. If you now detach the small box, your target object will retain the pivot orientation and will export cleanly.

The main thing to remember is NEVER rotate a pivot with "Affect Pivot Only" in Max and then export to .3ds. Some very strange things can happen with your geometry as well.

phrank said:
Yup, a .kex and .TGA is all he needs to get it going.
Actually, as far as Bryan is concerned, he won't even need a .tga. It's already part of the .kex.

That's the PZ Su-26 Micro, right? It would be great to make, and in case you didn't know, there is an AV of that on the swaps, as well as the white color scheme.

Dinos are at the mercy of the independent modelers for that discontinued software.
Bryan can't use these G4+ variants or colorschemes.

phrank said:
Dinos are at the mercy of the independent modelers for that discontinued software.
Bryan can't use these G4+ variants or colorschemes.
Oops. I neglected to check the version in the swaps. This after discussing he has G3.5!! :eek:

Jeff, if you haven't commited to it yet, I'll do the PZ Sukhoi after I finish the P-51.

I can make a 3.5 and a 5.1 version.

Back