Request Aircraft Here!

Air Tractor 502B

Hey Guys,
Just a suggestion here, but I know there are alot of people interested in the AirTractor model crop dusters. These guys are pure daredevils. If you've ever watched them fly they are really something!!!

Attached below are some links, 1 is to the AirTractor website where they have several models listed with I believe adequate drawings. The second is a ton of beautiful pictures. There are several different models however the 502B is a popular favorite.

On R/C universe there is a large thread devoted to R/C Crop Duster's. There are quite a few "working" models, that "spray" smoke, talcum powder, and even drop Tootsie Rolls! The bad thing is it's incredibly hard to find a kit for these planes, I only know of two. I figured, this might be the next best thing.

Drawings - http://www.airtractor.com/techinfo/

Pics- http://www.iflyag.com/gallery/index.html

Jim

Last edited:
A-1 Skyraider

I would like to see a few more warbirds. My personal favorite is the A-1 Skyraider. This plane holds quite a history. Sentimental for me as I have had the distinct honor of riding in, and holding the stick of one (modified for 1 passenger). A real sweetheart to fly, and can carry an 8000 lb payload. Nicknamed the flying dumptruck.

We should really work on getting some of the parkzone planes on G3....that is what got me back into RC....and why I bought G3.

Yes I noticed there was an acro master that someone mentioned was similar to the Typhoon 3D, I agree yet the flight characterisitics didnt seem similar imho, i tried changing the parameters to match the typhoon, with moderate success as I didnt know which motor to choose, I would also like to change the look to truly call it a typhoon, but i'm not at that level with 3ds, if someone else would like to take it on that would be awesome! I'll attach what i've done, but please note all the credit for the plane goes to the designer of the Acro Master

I know this doesnt belong in this forum but am I correct in assuming that an exported G3x can not be imported into 3ds?

Attachments

• Acromaster w Typhoon characteristics - LiPo.g3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • Acromaster w Typhoon characteristics - NiMh.g3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
THE Beech Staggerwing

I'd love to see one of my all time favorites... The Beech Staggerwing in giant scale :)
I'm shocked the young guys haven't requested it. :eek:
Lots of room to "CS" it, military or otherwise. :D

Well i have been searching around and to be honest there arent really any 40-50 size fun-fly/3Ders (there are a few of course,but most planes are huge gassers which i will probably never own in real life myself so...) i was thinking it would be amazing if we could get a 1. Madness 2 by ZN line , that would be great fun, or if possible a 2. hype 3D (aerofly of course have that but are there some sort of laws preventing u guys from creating it for G3 or not?? having difficulty tracking down pictures of the madness though sorry. PLEase Please please. :D

We have a lot of American jets... anyone willing to make some Russian Migs (23, 29 and 31 come to mind first)??? I'm willing to help with the flight model.

Eh...

cessna337b.jpg

Almost ...

Very close in general planform configuration, opjose. However, take a look at the leading edges of the wings on the Schweizer Condor, and the specs on power to weight, and I think you'll agree that the Cessna 337 is a more docile bird from a flight-physics viewpoint ... while the Condor can vary its performance widely. After nearly 30 years, the 337 simply never earned much respect. The RU-38B was a formidable (and only slightly less affordable) competitor to the RQ-1 Predator for domestic surveillance, and until recently had the edge insofar as FAA authorization to fly in US airspace.

In any event, thanks for the comeback. I've flown the 337 (in real life) and the Skymaster is a fine airplane for its mission; sorta like my Predator ... effective but not very exciting from a piloting viewpoint. The 38B has earned its own niche in the aviation annals.

Re: Almost

Yeah they are definitely not the same thing, but I find it encouraging that the Cessna has an RC analog.

I believe Flyguy has a 3D model of the Cessna on his web site...

If only we could get him to do the model for G3.... Hmmm...

P-82 is cool

pplace said:
I've always liked the P-82 twin mustang?!?!?!

I started making one of those (from the G3 P-51) but got sidetracked and never finished it. Heres a quick photoshop of what it was going to look like.

Attachments

• P-82 Twin.jpg
    P-82 Twin.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 53
I agree with brettrein

brettrein said:
XPD-8 or Miglet

I agree with brettrein. I would like to see a Miglet or XPD-8 in G3/G3.5, since I own a Miglet. G3 taught to fly my mini-slinger, mini-delta and flatana......I had never flown before the first of august, and am now flying regularly with only minimal verbal assistance that I get from a great shop owner. G3 has been way cool :cool:

Back