Request Aircraft here

I don't know how hard it would be but I'd love to have the B17 Sentimental Journey doubled in size if thats possible or if someone knows how to do that I'd love to know...

I don't know how hard it would be but I'd love to have the B17 Sentimental Journey doubled in size if thats possible or if someone knows how to do that I'd love to know...

Editor...

There are plenty of threads and detailed instructions about resizing planes here.

Hint: Search for "Real world physics".

Double posting a response to a double post....

Upgrade to RF 6 for $50 and then upgrade for free to RF6.5. Then start requesting models. None of the active modelers that I know of are modeling for out of date software.

Fact: Did you know that Real Flight 4.5 is the most pirated version of the sim.
Fact: It is widely assumed those people who request models for the 4.5 version are themselves pirating the software.

Upgrade today and avoid the stereotype.:)

Is version 6.5 worth the $50 to upgrade? The version I have is adequate for my needs. I mostly just tool around my back yard in normal mode with my 450 clones, and my Blade CP Pro (before the 3 in 1 unit finally died). Thinking of getting a Blade 130X, because it's small enough to fly indoors, and in my front yard with less concern about mowing someone's face off with a 450 :p

Are the helicopter physics improved enough to be a truly useful 3D training tool? The helicopters seem sluggish and slow to spool up in 4.5.

I know a guy who loved Phoenix for the helis, and RF for the planes. He didn't like 4.5 for helis. When he got RF6, he never used Phoenix again. Your mileage may vary.

It's worth it in the sense that if you want the new models being made for the swaps you will need the most current version.

wanting a Trex 500 FBL model

I'm looking for my model which is Align Trex 500 3Gx FBL. I can't find one for Realflight 4.5. Is there one? Thanks

New glider, anyone?

I wonder if somebody who is able to do these kinds of things, would care to model a DG1000 glider? It's one of my all-time faves, and would be great fun to have in my RF 'hanger'.
Something in the 2.5 to 3.0 meter span range would be manageable, I would think.

Thanks!

soarguy

Attachments

• DG1000.jpg
    DG1000.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DG1000 2.jpg
    DG1000 2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DG1000 3.jpg
    DG1000 3.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DG1000 5.jpg
    DG1000 5.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DG1000 6.jpg
    DG1000 6.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 3
Hello,

I am new to these forums. What I have read so far is great stuff.

I was wondering if someone could do a Mamba flying wing glider by Aloft Hobbies. My son has been flying indoor electrics for a year now and he got a Mambe for Christmas. We have it built and before we venture to the slope, I would like him to have try it out on Real Flight. Plus it would be great fun during our winter months to fly, when we can't get out due to cold weather.

I don't have a set of 3 views, although I could sit down and possibly draw up a set. I do have quite a few pictures of the one we just finished that I will add here. I do have an unbuilt one (mine) that I am getting ready to build, that I can take pictures of of measurements as needed. I have searched this site, but can't seem to locate a combat slope wing similar to this one.

His came out at 25 oz, which is a wing loading of 9oz/sq. Ft.

48 inch wing span and airfoil = PW-51 modified

Wing chord w/o elevon = 12 3/8 in

Wing chord thickness = 1 7/16 in at high point of airfoil

Wing tip w/o elevon = 4 1/2 in

Wing tip thickness = 5/8 in at high point of airfoil

Wing tip sweep = 11 in

Elevon chord = 1 3/4 in

Elevon tip = 2 1/4 in

Elevon span = 23 in (flush with tip, gap in center section)

Vertical fin is rounded

Chord = 8 1/2 in

Height = 6 5/16

Here is a link to Alofts web page

http://www.alofthobbies.com/mamba-combat-wing.html

Attachments

• IMG_8968_sm.jpg
    IMG_8968_sm.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8974_sm.jpg
    IMG_8974_sm.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8977_sm.jpg
    IMG_8977_sm.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8980_sm.jpg
    IMG_8980_sm.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9043_sm.jpg
    IMG_9043_sm.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Here are a few more pics of the Mamba,

and also Red stripes on top of wing are 3 inches in width and green stripes on bottom are 2 inches in width with 2 in spacing.

Thank you,
Chip

Attachments

• IMG_9044_sm.jpg
    IMG_9044_sm.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9051_sm.jpg
    IMG_9051_sm.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 3
I wonder if somebody who is able to do these kinds of things, would care to model a DG1000 glider? It's one of my all-time faves, and would be great fun to have in my RF 'hanger'.
Something in the 2.5 to 3.0 meter span range would be manageable, I would think.

Thanks!

soarguy

Would really like to, and will probably be making a gilder or two a year it looks like. In general, they are much simpler than powered planes, and in my opinion are a good first plane for someone learning to model. But I already have about 6 planes in process, plus about that same quantity planned.

Trust someone will pick this one up for you-- it's a great looking glider!

Back