Request Aircraft here

I just bought a LEGO airplane kit today, and I got to thinking about what it would be like if I, or any one else, could fly a built lego kit, in realflight. :rolleyes:
I know there is a block plane avalable on the swaps,but, what if someone took an actual,built lego kit, made a 3d model of it, and then incorperated phisics that pertain to what the model is suposed to be?
I.E. aircraft/ phisics
LEGO hellicopter / helicopter
LEGO jet/ F-14 or Desault rafael
LGO sportplane (link to picture provided) / FW-190 or ME-109
http://www.kids-scandinavian-shop.com/lego-creator-propeller-power-pi-787.html

This link is to a picture of a lego kit.

Last edited:
jeffpn said:
I think the worst problem of an incompatability is if you pick an engine or a motor that isn't available in G4.5. Then a default gets used. I have that issue on my next plane. Olso would have had his same issue even if he had G5. I think it's the 4096 issue, like you said.
Okay, what shall i do for get it working
olso1

I've got a better idea. Wings 3D is a free download, and many here, including myself use it to make the 3D model. There are tutorials here showing you how to model. There are several folks here that would export you're file as a Kex, ready for RF.

brields said:
Is it possible to make a 3d model for Real-flight using Google sketch up?
Not with the free version.

As Flex said use Wings or Blender. Wings is easier to use but you will need another program to do the object linking and pivots.

Request for F-111

I've posted this in 'The Next Project' forum thread also as I wasn't sure which forum was more appropriate.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, I am very new to all this but what I have seen so far and the files I have imported have been nothing but brilliant, so thankyou.

I have a special build request for one of you clever designers.
It is for a F-111 for G5.5. I have found a site which actually shows plans for a RC model of this aircraft:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827177

This aircraft was in active service here in Australia until just recently and is my favourite military aircraft.

Can you please let me know if you think you can take this request on? I look forward to seeing it on the swap file list one day.

ChuckyC:

These model builders here are very cranky! :p

They are not going to follow a link to a plan or a 3-view. You will have to save them yourself and then post them here in the thread along with photos and any other pertinent info.

I would like to see an Aardvark in the sim as well. ;)

brields said:
I just bought a LEGO airplane kit today, and I got to thinking about what it would be like if I, or any one else, could fly a built lego kit, in realflight. :rolleyes:
I know there is a block plane avalable on the swaps,but, what if someone took an actual,built lego kit, made a 3d model of it, and then incorperated phisics that pertain to what the model is suposed to be?
I.E. aircraft/ phisics
LEGO hellicopter / helicopter
LEGO jet/ F-14 or Desault rafael
LGO sportplane (link to picture provided) / FW-190 or ME-109
http://www.kids-scandinavian-shop.com/lego-creator-propeller-power-pi-787.html

This link is to a picture of a lego kit.

My son has that lego kit. It would fly like crap with accurate physics.

Thanks for the heads-up Kmot.
I have added some images and specs for the F-111.
I have a copy of plans (found on the link I posted previously) for a RC model (in pdf format) but it is too large to post on this thread. I can email it to anyone interested.

Attachments

• F-111 (photo).jpg
    F-111 (photo).jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 6
  • F-111 (schematic).jpg
    F-111 (schematic).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 9
  • F-111 (specs).jpg
    F-111 (specs).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 5
  • F-111 dump and burn.jpg
    F-111 dump and burn.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 5
A little anecdote that might help pique someones interest in building this model for RF:

When I went to A&P school back in 1978, one of my classmates was fresh out of the USAF and he had been a crew chief on F-111's. He told me that it was not uncommon for a F-111 to come back from a high speed low level training mission out in the Nevada desert and have the paint blistered on the airplane because of the speeds it reached at ground level. :D

mwilson914 said:
My son has that lego kit. It would fly like crap with accurate physics.

Thats why you don't make the model fly like a real lego air plane, but like,in this case,
an R/C Mitsubishi zero , or any other single seat, single radial engine fighter.

Last edited:
Back