Request Aircraft here

CaptainRon said:
No other modeler here can deliver the goods as quick.
I did not know I had a deadline for my models. I'm very sorry I don't build them at a rate acceptable to you.

Just for the sake of curiosity, could you make up a list for me of all of your models you've made, and how long it took you to make each of them? I'd be interested to compare figures.

mwilson914 said:
CaptainRon,

First, I'm doing some freelance work right now and I don't have time to work on the free content on the swaps--which I still love doing. I like that absolute freedom of creating something I want on my specifications. I can stop modeling when I want to also.

Second, I'm not modeling for Realflight at the moment, but maybe someday I will get lucky. I can't talk about the project I'm currently working on because I signed a confidentiality agreement. Who the company is, what the project is about doesn't need to be made public until they are ready to make the announcement.

Not to derail this thread off the current topic (which is entertaining to read :D ) but I have a question about something that has been brought up a couple times now. I've read a couple times about some freelance work that mwilson is involved in. (As he mentioned above) also mentions about a project for a company he is working on.

I'm curious what type of modeling you are doing that you are getting paid for? This topic has been brought up in the past....and KE has stepped in and said any model where the KEX is being used (so any usable model for RF) is unable to be exchanged for payment. So I guess long story short: Does your freelance or "confidential project" deal with RF models?

Edit: You reference "I'm not modeling for Realflight at the moment......" Which leads me to think this is just a 3D modeling project you are involved in (no I don't want specifics) but you followed that up with: "but maybe someday I will get lucky" Which possibly makes me think...you are doing a project for RF.....but not under employment of KE. Again just curious.

Last edited:
Pplace,

I am doing projects for another company. I only mentioned that in the forums because I didn't want people to think I didn't feel like modeling anymore. I figured some people would wonder why I am not finishing a few current Realflight models so I just wanted to make my priority shift known.

I only mentioned that I am not modeling for KE right now because I would like to someday and it is always in the back of my mind. It is just hope. I don't live too far away from KE and it would be a great employment opportunity. Maybe someday...fingers crossed.

mwilson,

Sounds good and thanks for the clarification. I wasn't meaning meaning any disrespect (and it doesn't appear you took any)

I wish you the best of luck in your current endeavors and also wish you luck with the KE dream! (It's happened at least once before for a member of the forums)

Certainly no need to worry about models not getting finished and people's concerns. We / they all know these are done in people's free time, and they should be thankful for anything created, and not let it be taken for granted.

Well, that was quite a S_Storm. Alright I'll take this one on mostly for the unique gear. I'll get started later today and will start a build thread. Does anyone have a preference as to the scale?

Doug

dhk79 said:
Well, that was quite a S_Storm. Alright I'll take this one on mostly for the unique gear. I'll get started later today and will start a build thread. Does anyone have a preference as to the scale?

Doug

Doug,

I always like 1/5 scale, but that is just me.

Hi i dont know how effective requests are here and this aint a plane but id really like to see a hpi baja 5b for realflight... That would be really awsome.

Curious to see if anyone has seen Mark Rittinger's Super Sportwin in the June 2011 Model Aviation Mag? Inside is a scaled down set of plans (8" x 10")

It's a pretty slick looking electric twin with a 50" wingspan (a little small for my liking) and also has retracts for that really "slick" look.

Attached are a couple pictures I found online of the model featured in the mag.

I don't know the "rules" for scanning & uploading the set of small plans included in the mag. so I won't do that here......but I would think since they are in the mag. for use they would be "free game"

I honestly thought this looked like a jeffpn R/C type project that he would like to model.

Attachments

• PC280502.jpg
    PC280502.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 17
  • PC280503.jpg
    PC280503.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 12
Nice plane. Id love to do this one, but due to the retracts, Im out. Thats also one of Jeff's big turnoffs, unless hes figured something out with his current endeavor :p

ATG Javelin

Came across the beauty today.

The Javelin is a small high-speed personal jet being developed by the Aviation Technology Group (ATG). Planned for FAA certification under 14 CFR part 23, the Javelin has a design resembling a fighter aircraft, an unusual concept for civilian jets. The Javelin MK-20 derivative, being developed in cooperation between ATG and Israel Aerospace Industries, is expected to fill the jet trainer role for various air forces. The Javelin is designed to look and perform like a fighter jet. Pre-orders are being sold for approximately US$ 2.995 million in the civil market.

To bad they ran out of funding.

http://flyjavelin.net/

Seriously clean lines........

Attachments

• 0507019_4.jpg
    0507019_4.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 13
  • atg_javelin_usaf_by_bagera3005-d30l63n.png
    atg_javelin_usaf_by_bagera3005-d30l63n.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 12
  • ATG-Javelin-2.jpg
    ATG-Javelin-2.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 15
  • CPJavelin.jpg
    CPJavelin.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 11
  • large_139.jpg
    large_139.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 10
Super Sportwin

I also saw this on the cover of this month's Model Aviation. I too think it would be fun. I have a much larger file of the plans. Scanning at 300dpi is much better than this. This is a prime candidate for e-tracts and larger brushless motors. She should scream.

Attachments

• SmallSST1.jpg
    SmallSST1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 9
  • SmallSST.jpg
    SmallSST.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
willsonman said:
I also saw this on the cover of this month's Model Aviation. I too think it would be fun. I have a much larger file of the plans. Scanning at 300dpi is much better than this. This is a prime candidate for e-tracts and larger brushless motors. She should scream.

The more I look at this plane, the more fun I think it would be to model. Were you planning to do it, or would you be offended if I gave it a try? If so I'd be interested in the larger scanning you have of it already. Let me know your thoughts.

willsonman said:
Dude go for it!I'll shoot you an email... I think I still have it.

Thanks I got it! Then while in my Outlook Express I noticed all my e-mails from now back to April 2010 have vanished! Ugh....oh well I'll start cutting up the plans and see if I can get them ready to put into Wings in the near future

Gulfstream-Sukhoi S-21 (and yes, I know those two names do not belong in the same sentence). Anyone interested?

Attachments

• S 21 G.jpg
    S 21 G.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 24
Some Nice Scale Planes

Here's my list of planes I'd like to see in scale, made by the modeling experts, for .40 to 1.20 size engines (I have 3-views for many of these):

A1-D Skyraider

Starduster Too ... one of the most beautiful biplanes ever built

Wagner-Hirth AKROSTAR Mk.II

North American FJ-4B Fury - the best looking Sabre ever built

Beechcraft 60 Duke

DeHaviland DHC-5 Buffalo

Cessna 150 Aerobat

P-51H Mustang ... it had the Griffon engine ... nicest Mustang ever

F-84F Thunderstreak

Bede BD-5 - both the standard tail and V-tail versions

Bristol Beaufighter Mk.I - with the big radial engines

Antonov An-22

Tupolev Tu-95 Bear

Beriev Be-200 seaplane

REBEL,
Post some pictures, so those unfamiliar with the aircraft can see what you are talking about without having to research each one.
Doug

EDIT: Note post #1511, just a few above. THAT is how you get a request taken up...

Last edited:
Take it, Doug. I'm surprised you're not done with it yet!!

As for REBEL's requests, I wonder if any of those are up my alley? I'm looking for a project. I wonder why he's holding back on the 3-views? So far, I have no interest in his requests.

Back