Request Aircraft here

More Bowlus baby Albatross information. Even found bulkhead information this time!

Attachments

• BarebonesBA100.jpg
    BarebonesBA100.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Model Ba100.jpg
    Model Ba100.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 2nd3viewba100.jpg
    2nd3viewba100.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 3rd3viewBA100.jpg
    3rd3viewBA100.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
MOre Bowlus baby Albatross photos (big)

Don't know if you are talking to me; or, someone else, Jeff. However, here are bigger ones.

Attachments

• bowlus_baby_albatross_02.jpg
    bowlus_baby_albatross_02.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Bowlus-BA-100-Baby-Albatross-Title.jpg
    Bowlus-BA-100-Baby-Albatross-Title.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 10
  • bowlus_baby_albatrossBig.jpg
    bowlus_baby_albatrossBig.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 14
I figured you would, Maj. I guess it'll take a back seat to kmot's request before I can model it for Mode One and you.

Thats fine
First come, first serve
is haw it should be once you agree to a request ...
at least in my book

Nortons request looks interesting also

Bowlus Baby Albatross

Maj. Numbskully, I think the Baby Albatross used the wing from the Grunau Baby! At least I believe there was some sort of link between the two. I love your Grunau Baby, very scale!!

Guess who made the 3D model, M1? ;)

Too bad it's not the same fuselage. The wing is the easy part! Although I will look at it.

Thank you , glad you enjoy it
I could not of made the CS as detailed as I did
if I did not have a very skilled modeler like jeffpn to give me a quality canvas to work on :D

Yes , They are slightly different
but share a common linage
They took wings from a Grunau (literally) and customized them the for the Albatross
The Albatross's ailerons are larger (wider cord) with some of the earlier ones having ply covered Ailerons (like in your Screeny ) they also made the wing tips rounder
even the wing struts were were changed from solid wood to spars / doped silk

Funny .....just like they did , I'm hoping to steal some parts from the Grunau's wings for the Albatross's CS myself , I suspect jeff will do the same .....take about authentic ! :p

Last edited:
Had to go back to the Grunau Baby to look over the work and I see that jeffpn was heavily involved, among others. Great job and thanks to all for this great model.

Ok, this post is only 1/4 serious, being that I can't imagine anyone wanting to punish themselves for a model that can barely get out of it's own way.
But...
I love an excuse to upload pics of the model I built that could barely get out of it's own way. (everyone told me it would never fly, but I have youtube proof that it did)

Nick :)

Attachments

• AV%20Roe%20Avro%20No1%20triplane-thumb-450x324.jpeg
    AV%20Roe%20Avro%20No1%20triplane-thumb-450x324.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 16
  • AvBuildG 017 (Large).JPG
    AvBuildG 017 (Large).JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Avro Triplane 004 (Large).JPG
    Avro Triplane 004 (Large).JPG
    394.7 KB · Views: 21
  • AvrotriplaneFlts (17) (Large).jpg
    AvrotriplaneFlts (17) (Large).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 22
Nick said:
Ok, this post is only 1/4 serious, being that I can't imagine anyone wanting to punish themselves for a model that can barely get out of it's own way.
But...
I love an excuse to upload pics of the model I built that could barely get out of it's own way. (everyone told me it would never fly, but I have youtube proof that it did)

Nick :)

Please include the youtube link.

Back