Request RF6 Aircraft Here

Has anyone ever experimented with a sailboat or land sailer in RF? I just searched the swaps and found nothing.

Last edited:
Not yet. I just had a discussion with a friend that is helping me with the photo field for my club. There is also a pond on the site that I plan a shoot for a float fly field. My friend is the president of the yacht club that hold RC sail boat races on that pond. See where I'm going here?

Last edited:
Think so. If you come up with something specific, give me a shout. Maybe i can attempt to give you something to play around in the editor with.

Think so. If you come up with something specific, give me a shout. Maybe i can attempt to give you something to play around in the editor with.

Thanks will do. I know nothing about sailing but it seems like it just might work, We've got boats, water and wind. If it worked those guys could do MP races on their own pond, pretty cool. We also have a land sailor in the club that claims he can get 60mph speeds in a 15mph wind. He runs it in a big parking lot. Surely someone has tried this in RF. While we are taking the photo field shots I'll try to get some shots of his boat for a 3 view and get some dimensions. Might be a fun project.

Last edited:
It's all about angle of craft vs.angle of sail(s). You can even travel against the wing because of this. The land yacht would need steering by a wheel and the sails would need to turn as well. I'm sure the sim would emulate this just fine. Keeping the CG low would be important. Maybe even have a ballast on a movable pod to prevent tipping in heavy winds. This should help to keep the high side controllable during turns. Should be a fun experiment if it's not done already.

I believe they use a winch type setup on the rear of the sail to control that angle. Do you foresee a problem setting something like that up? Also I don't know of a material that would allow the sail to billow out. It would probably just be stiff. This kind of reminds me of the lift heli experiment. Two years ago when I was trying to pick up that sign at Joes garage with a heli skid, who would have ever thought I'd be carrying jeffpn around by his servos with a heli and be able to drop him on his head at the flip of a switch?:D This sim is awesome!!

Last edited:
Well you won't need a winch setup in RF just the ability to turn the sail. Just spitballing here but I would say ground steering on the left stick and sail control on the right stick. Should be simple. I don't think you can achieve a billowing sail but who knows.

Plane request

I have a model that I am playing with, but I want to see how it flies. I looked at the editor, but it would be way too painful for me to start to learn this at this time.

If I got the dimensions to someone, would they be willing to build it in RF for me?

I do some aerial photography, and I want to see just what happens depending on how much weight I have it carry.

It isn't very complicated, just a plane with a round body, T tail and large wing. Much like a Hotliner that has a 16ft wingspan and weighs in about 55 pounds. :) The fuselage is bigger to carry a large camera and some GPS stuff.

If you are interested, please let me know by PMing me (or emailing me mike at portcredit dot net).

Many thanks

Last edited:
I have a model that I am playing with, but I want to see how it flies. I looked at the editor, but it would be way too painful for me to start to learn this at this time.

It isn't very complicated, just a plane with a round body, T tail and large wing.

Many thanks

Turn off the advanced features of the editor and have at it.

It isn't very complicated nor painful.

If anything it's the most logically laid out editor in existence for RC sims.

Has anyone ever experimented with a sailboat or land sailer in RF? I just searched the swaps and found nothing.

I think Mr. Wilson was talking about doing something like that a while back. I don't know if he ever got around to doing anything with it though with all his other stuff he has going on.

I think Mr. Wilson was talking about doing something like that a while back. I don't know if he ever got around to doing anything with it though with all his other stuff he has going on.

I figured that if anyone had ever experimented with them it would be him. He is quite the dabbler.:cool:

Norton,

Yes, I already found Boof69's Kaos EA. Converted to E Power and added a few minor tweaks.

Very nice flying plane in RF6!

Have not as yet tried Doug's Killer Chaos 60.

Turn off the advanced features of the editor and have at it.

It isn't very complicated nor painful.

If anything it's the most logically laid out editor in existence for RC sims.

Sounds like a dumb question, but which editor? The one in RF, or is there another?

I am willing to give it a try, but I have never done it before, so I have no idea where to start. Is there a tutorial that someone can point me to?

Back