Request RF6 Aircraft Here

Newb, Skywalker questions/request please

Hello,

I'm a newb, and starting to get a fpv itch. I saw that there was two versions the Skywalker but they were for 5.5, I am running rf6 (up to date). When flying these aircraft it seems like I am fighting them a lot to keep the heading straight and in turns its even worse. It seems like the only time I can get the plane to fly some what correct is full throttle and that even seems to be tough.

Are models designed for 5.5 compatible with 6 if not is it because of the physics?

If the plane needs to be re worked for 6.0 would someone be willing to do that? It would be greatly appreciated!

I really want to buy a skywalker and set it up for fpv but I need to buy everything. (I only own a blade msrx rtf, I had some zagi gear but my parents trashed it after I left for the military). In the mean time while I'm acquiring/building, it would be nice to get the feel of it before the maiden.

If there is anything that is needed from me please let me know!

Thank you!!
Chris

The only thing I can tell you is to tinker away. Physics really isn't my strong suit, but I did do the physics entirely on that model, if I recall. In the aircraft editor, save a copy of that file under a new name, and try your hand at adjusting the variables. Turning on the advanced editor will give you access to everything that can be changed. Happy editing!

Kwik Fli Mk III

This is a request for the Kwik Fli Mk III by Phil Kraft.

Did find an article with 3 views and pictures

http://time.fh-augsburg.de/~erd/Modellflug/download/KwikFli.pdf

Yes, it's a Reflex article.... But hopefully it is enough for the designers to work with.
Preferences:
Electric power
Orange color scheme
Retracts
Also noticed one of their versions added flaps, but I am not aware if they were ever in the original.

Attachments

• Kwik Fli Mk III 3 view.jpg
    Kwik Fli Mk III 3 view.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 24
This is a request for the Kwik Fli Mk III by Phil Kraft.
Decide what you want with flaps, and why there's several 3-views in that document. I can do this one after my current build.

PS - Somebody get my back and make sure this doesn't already exist in some form. :eek:)

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff!

While I haven't read that entire report, the author seems to be giving an overview of the Kwik Fli series, with included Relfex model references. So some views are apparently from different originally published sources.

3 View:
I think the image on page 10 gives you the best overall info.

Flaps:
Simply extending the aileron width to the inside as shown on page 21 seems ok. That image is from a Mk IV, but it's the same idea. The Mk III 3 view from page 10 clearly shows the rib locations, so that should help you.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• KF3_flaps.jpg
    KF3_flaps.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 9
  • KF3_3 view.jpg
    KF3_3 view.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 11
Hello Everyone.

This is my first post! Yay me... anyway... I have a question about a custom paint scheme for an existing airplane in RF6. I actually would like to get one of the airplanes in RF6 made into a file with the paint scheme on the real aircraft that I own. I'd like to take the Great Planes Stearman PT-17 and have it designed with the colors on my actual Stearman. Is this possible?

Thanks guys, i know that it has probably been asked a million times before, but i'm going blind searching for the answer.

Jeff, on page 4 of that article, (second paragraph) there is a cleaner 3-view that you may find useful, if you end up doing the modeling ;)

That's why I asked, UT. I skimmed through the .pdf and found several 3-views. Are they the same? Are they different? Like I said, I'll let the requestor figure that out!! I'm just a dumb modeler!

Gibson, yes, it is poss. post some pictures of the top, bottom, and both sides. maybe someone will pick it up

Jeff, the 3-view I was referring to was a link, not a pic.Did you see that one ?? The others are of a Mk1 or 2 and/or the Bar fli (at the end of the art.)

Last edited:
ok... here's some pics...

march6.jpg

march5.jpg

ZIMG_1419.jpg

Nice plane Gibson :cool:. A pic. of the RT. side would be nice, UNLESS it`s exactly the same as the left.The only other things someone could use are straight on closeups of ANY/ALL the graphics and nose art without any glare in the photos.What you have posted so far is good enough for someone to start with.Details can be added later.I might do it ?? I`ll know for sure in a couple days.:D;)
Edit, Is the Stearman that you`re referring to, from Exp. pack 2 ??, it`s not on the #6 main menu (All I got was the upgrade) no mega pack for me.
Edit #2, I might add, that there is a Stearman with a cowl and pants available on the swaps, you should check it out

Last edited:
Thanks

I have to cowl/wheel pants stearman from the swaps page but it just doesn't fly right/real. I'm still tweaking. I have RF6 with the airplane mega pack, but not expansion pack 2, unless RF6 includes the airplanes from EP2... I'm still figuring all this out. It just says Great Planes Stearman PT-17.

i guess the question is whether or not the stearman in the megapack is the same as the stearman in expansion pack 2

Yes, those will be exactly the same.

The Airplane Mega Pack consists of all the airplanes from Expansion Packs 1-3, with a few omissions.

The Heli Mega Pack consists of all the helis from Expansion Packs 1-8, some old helis that used to be part of the main product that were removed, and some brand new helis that aren't available anywhere else.

Soooo Ryan,If someone did a new CS based on/using the Exp. pack 2 version of the stearman (me for example, using 5.5 with the exp pack needed).........Gibson would get an import of the new CS, no probs.???

Back