Request RF6 Aircraft Here

jeffpn said:
Brields, real life measurements may help if the request is for a specific scale. I've never been concerned with real life measurements. I speak only for myself, though. Your weight is waaay off. Truthfully, it's all in the wing loading. That plane should probably have a wingloading of 30 or so. That can be manipulated in RF.

So maybe weight = 50lbs.

Brian,
Look up a realworld R/C implementation of your aircraft, and supply those for your requested model.
Should take a lot of the guesswork out of it if it's based on a "working" real-life hobby model.

I'd like to request one of those new state of the art top secret unmanned drones like the one we just gave to Iran. I don't know what it's called and no, I don't have any three views. I don't even have one view. But It's really cool and it doesn't seem to need any V stabs. Maybe a little thrust vectoring going on back there? Only thing is, I'd like this one, if it malfunctions, not be set up to safely land it tact in hostile territory. I would also like to have DRM, copyright, and Patent protection built into every component to insure that no one would dare mess with anything in case someone figures out how to snatch it out of my control and safely land it before I can hit the DESTROYVEHICLE key. Intrigued anyone? :D :D

Last edited:
AAW come on Maj. From what I've seen the CS is so simple Jeffpn could do it himself. ;)

Last edited:
Lol.............

Attachments

• rq-170_sentinel_impression_3-view.png
    rq-170_sentinel_impression_3-view.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 25
  • RQ170Sentinel_3-610x638.jpg
    RQ170Sentinel_3-610x638.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 27
Cool Norton! I knew if anyone could find a three view, you could! :D No worries Flex, I just read that he asked for it back :D

How embarrassing. :eek:
Unfortunately it takes events like these to put the designers' arrogance in check.
If your top secret aircraft malfunctions, assume you're not getting it back! :mad:
We don't need no stinking self destruct button! :eek:. Duh!
Educating/outsourcing to our competitors, well that's something else.
Hopefully KE doesn't get any crazy ideas and starts outsourcing our favorite sim.

Rq-170

From what I read, the top secret stealth stuff was left off this birdy because it only has one engine. Capture by enemies was anticipated. Maybe the enemy will build theirs just like ours and we can capture one of theirs in a year or 2. Hopefully, it won't be built out of paper mache.

Last edited:
I agree Phrank. Not only did it not self destruct, if we believe what they are telling us, the thing actually is built to safely land itself intact if it malfunctions? :confused: ;) Now unless the US taxpayers have been giving untold billions in R and D dollars to complete idiots, there might be a little more to this story.

Last edited:
Just more of the same Maj. I just thought of a couple of people I'd like to introduce to THE HOOK but I'll request them by PM. :D

So there are nice people here that will build a plane for RF6 and put it up on the swap pages? Nice. I have trouble even editing existing planes , let alone building one from scratch or from an existing one.

Most of the beginner planes I want to fly on sim aren't real planes , but they are all made by Hobbico so there are plenty of pics. Do links help?

Here's some I'd like. (sooner or later I'd like to learn how to create them myself) I'm no builder either , but think that perhaps rather than being a builder first then having ability to create a sim plane is normal. Maybe the other way around will prove valuable to me as well (create plane in the sim and then be more skilled in the actual building and design of a model)

All mine are electric powered.

Flyzone:

Sensei
4' Piper cub
Focke-Wulf
Cessna Corvalis

GP:

Flylite
Electro-stik
Cosmic Wind
40" super sportster

Hobbico:

3' Piper J-3
Skyfly Max (I'd fix the earlier gen if I knew how to get rid of I think it is called adverse or reverse yaw)

Cox:

skyranger
Extra 300

Tower:

P-51 D 40"

It's become a very historic plane. It's pretty cool looking. I would like to see it in realflight. Unless someone thinks for some reason something of this design might be difficult to get flying well, I think it would make a good addition. Something in the eight/ten foot range would be awesome. I'm shocked that you found those three views so quick Norton. What else you got? Even if no one picks it up, I'm pretty curious about it's design.

Last edited:
snurdly,
Let me put it this way: The first thing a modeler must do to build a model is to get reference materials. Pictures, 3-views, specifications. It would take you much less time to find all of that for every one of the models you mentioned, than it would take a modeler to build just one of your ideas. If you are sincere about wanting a particular model, you are going to have to provide much more than the name of the model.

jeffpn said:
snurdly,
Let me put it this way: The first thing a modeler must do to build a model is to get reference materials. Pictures, 3-views, specifications. It would take you much less time to find all of that for every one of the models you mentioned, than it would take a modeler to build just one of your ideas. If you are sincere about wanting a particular model, you are going to have to provide much more than the name of the model.
Just to add info here, see posts 2 and 13 for examples of information needed. However, that could be just the beginning as well. You must show you are willing to put forth the effort to make the build go smoothly.

Back