Request RF6 Aircraft Here

jeffpn said:
snurdly,
Let me put it this way: The first thing a modeler must do to build a model is to get reference materials. Pictures, 3-views, specifications. It would take you much less time to find all of that for every one of the models you mentioned, than it would take a modeler to build just one of your ideas. If you are sincere about wanting a particular model, you are going to have to provide much more than the name of the model.

I have most all that info , but it would take me a few hrs to compile and sort and post it. How long does an average sim model plane take to build?

Takes me and my artist about a month or two of finding free time to build a model. Probably anywhere from 50-200 hours in all. I wouldn't want you to have to spend a few hours compiling information. ;)

Last edited:
Actually it was the first jet and it did fly. The inventor of this engine was credited with the discovery of the phenomenon where jet exhaust will cling to the nearest surface. It's known as the Coanda effect.
Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDaUbsWNXvI
Also he was asked to move this here which is the correct place for requests.
He just needs to remove his other post.

obviously there is a difference of opinion..................from his link:

"it did not have the right stuff to lift off the ground. The Coanda weighed 926 pounds, yet its 50-horsepower engine only produced 450 pounds of thrust."

another source

http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/Coandas-Claim.html
"The weird-looking flying machine was called “Turbo-Propulseur” by its inventor, the brilliant Romanian aeronautical engineer Henri Coanda. A hundred years ago this week, on December 10, 1910, the Propulseur accidentally flew—or so Coanda would later claim—during taxiing tests at Issy-les-Moulineaux, outside Paris. If true, it was the world’s first jet flight. But Coanda’s accounts of the alleged flight changed markedly over the years, and a close examination of his stories, as well as his patent documents, leave more than a little doubt that it happened at all.

Last edited:
I'm just telling you what my research turned up. The numbers are off I'll agree. One of our sources are obviously wrong. It is the first jet engine concept atleast.

Boof69 said:
It is the first jet engine concept atleast.

I totally agree with that
but there seems to be no eyewitnesses or any other documentation to back up an actual flight

for example
There were others who got Airbourne with an aircraft BEFORE the Wright bros......but why they are given credit"AS first" is they were the first to demonstrate a heaver than air craft that could change its altitude and direction in a controlled and intended manner
coanda achieved neither..............his own admission that he(supposedly) "took off Accidentally" seems to bear that out
crashing on and not even clearing the runway is not a successful flight........... in my book

Last edited:
I agree those things substantiate true flight. I still think it's an interesting aircraft. That's not to say I will be building it. :) I'm sure there many stories like this in aviation history.

After watching the video, I would guess a flight in that plane would not be survivable sitting right in the exhaust plume.

I just can't fathom that he did not realize that to begin with??? :eek:

I agree I'm not saying that it should not be made for RF.........we have Tie fighters , pizzas ,lawnmowers , Santa Claus and flying Deloreans

Last edited:
What a whiner. Start your own thread. (as td9 takes a peek at his desktop) :D

OH wait... this is your.........never mind.

Last edited:
snurdly,
Most of those planes have already been modeled (in one version or another) and it's not likely that a modeler is going to take the time to start afresh with something that's already out there. You do realise that G3 through G5.5 models can be imported into RF6 too? Find the plane you want, even if the one on the swaps is the wrong size, then create an AV to adjust it to what you want. Much less work than redoing a 3D model from the start.
Doug

Thanks guys for all the replies. Most of this is very new to me. I had cookie issue and wasn't getting notices to replies either.

It sounds like it is a LOT of work to build a model, yikes. I can fathom thousands of dollars for just one sim. Anyways, before I listed my planes I went thru the swap files and only listed the ones I couldn't find. The couple I did find were so bad flying unlike the real thing I figured it was a RF generation thing and didn't go back past RF 4. I'm going to search again and go back to earlier swap files.

Maybe I can go about this a better way and be a lot better for me. What is the best way to "learn" how to build or even mod planes ? Maybe that will teach me to fish rather than feed me a fish per say. ;)

EDIT I think I just found out what a AV is and will search those as well.

Last edited:
phrank said:
Brian,
Look up a realworld R/C implementation of your aircraft, and supply those for your requested model.
Should take a lot of the guesswork out of it if it's based on a "working" real-life hobby model.

There realy isn't a real world RC of my proposed RC aircraft.

Again, How the heck do you know my name?

Back