Request RF6 Aircraft Here

Here is all i can find for one of the more popular Helicopters. The Sab Goblin 700

Attachments

• sab-goblin-700-flybarless-electric-helicopter-kit-sg700.jpg
    sab-goblin-700-flybarless-electric-helicopter-kit-sg700.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 9
  • sab-goblin-700-flybarless-electric-helicopter-kit-sg7002.jpg
    sab-goblin-700-flybarless-electric-helicopter-kit-sg7002.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 9
  • sab-goblin-700-flybarless-electric-helicopter-kit-sg7001.jpg
    sab-goblin-700-flybarless-electric-helicopter-kit-sg7001.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 10
  • goblin_01.jpg
    goblin_01.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 12
  • sab-goblin-700-flybarless-electric-helicopter-kit-sg7003.jpg
    sab-goblin-700-flybarless-electric-helicopter-kit-sg7003.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6
More Pics

More pictures

Attachments

• 3-43.jpg
    3-43.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 4-24.jpg
    4-24.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 6-03.jpg
    6-03.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 11
For a change in pace, I will consider it after my next project, but I won't attempt physics on it. I'll need a volunteer for that. After my Katana is done, I plan on reworking another model I've yet to release, and if no one has taken it, I MIGHT do it.

Thanks Matt. I'm also soliciting an owner with a good camera that would also like to see this bird in the sim in that thread. We'll see what happens. I may need to stick my neck out and double post it into the Goblin thread for a lot more eyes. Also, I'm going over to IRCHA this weekend, I'll see if I can get anything useful. There should be quite a few there. There is also a little brother that just came out.

Here is a link to the manual that looks like it might have some pretty good info to a layman. http://www.goblin-helicopter.com/shop/manual/Manual_Goblin_700_Rev1_Eng.pdf

Last edited:
I really don't think the physics are going to be a major problem. We've got some great flying 12s 700 size flybarless helis to use for a base model. With a little research on the head speeds and motor specs that the pro's are using and that very slick fuse it should be pretty easy to get something pretty close. The exact feel can only be done by an owner that knows the editor. Three different owners would edit three different feels;) That's what AV's are for.

Thanks for the research csgill, you inspired an artist. Those feenix boys are going to be hating life if we get there first. They're begging also.

You guys have NO idea what's coming if I take this on. I hope you have a ton of patience:p

Get your thinking caps and cameras ready. My daughter has more heli experience than me, just because she was airlifted at birth.

Last edited:
Be prepared for alot more RF requirements for a heli, abaser. There are a ton of things you have to get right!

It cool your taking this on Andy. I was thinking about doing this one but I was a bit afraid of all the new areas to learn. I do want to do a helicopter though. Jump it up the list man.:D

I don't know where it is but KE put out a tute complete with the 3D file like the one for the plane that everyone uses the first time. Doug used that heli to add the hook for the lift heli. It's flybarred, which is a lot more complex than a flybarless head. Mwilson has built a couple, maybe he could offer some insight on how he figured it all out. Phrank also secretly has the scoop. I hope one eyed jack hasn't given up after all the trouble he had with his physics guy, he builds beautiful models. I was completely blown away by Andy's guts to even consider this build. He certainly seems driven to learn new stuff and try new stuff. Very cool!! If he can pull this off, there is a very large list of cool helis that aren't in the RF line up and very few modelers with the skills to build one. He'll never run out of projects if he finds that he enjoys building them. Ataboy Andy!! Best of luck to ya!!

I think td9 should learn to model. He could learn in the time he spends calling everyone out!! :p

Very cool on the help offer Phrank. Ya I haven't forgotten your stellar heli building skills. A quick look at the posted manual last night revealed that that cool looking rear fuse is acting as the tail boom. I fully expected to see a CF tube in there. I didn't see one. That should simplify the build some.

Back