Request RF6 Aircraft Here

But especially your mouth!*

*Only td9 has the right to report this post as being offensive. It concerns no one else!

But especially your mouth!*

*Only td9 has the right to report this post as being offensive. It concerns no one else!

I'm not going to report it. If I somehow stepped on your toes, lets take it to PM or you have my phone number. I'll edit my post if I misspoke about something or hurt someones feelings.. IMHO my posts have been very positive and complimentary to everyone with the exception of Jacks physics guy.;)

Last edited:
I figured that. New naming, linking, and a LOT of moving parts from the looks of it.

Andy,

PM me your email address. I'll send you my Gaui Hurricane 550 file. I'll send you an older version of my file (Max 8) and the Max 2012 file. This will help you a lot with dummy objects, pivots, naming, etc.

Thanks for all the offers guys. The model may get created, and I may have missed it, but who's doing the physics? Not me, I promise that.:p

Never realized there was such enthusiasm for the helis. Guess I might as well make it official and say, fingers crossed, I'll give it a shot. However, it will share time with my rework already planned. I want my back log thinned out.

I'm not going to report it. If I somehow stepped on your toes, lets take it to PM or you have my phone number. I'll edit my post if I misspoke about something or hurt someones feelings.. IMHO my posts have been very positive and complimentary to everyone with the exception of Jacks physics guy.;)

Of course you haven't stepped on my toes, td9! That's not at all what I was getting at!!

Thanks for all the offers guys. The model may get created, and I may have missed it, but who's doing the physics? Not me, I promise that.:p

Never realized there was such enthusiasm for the helis. Guess I might as well make it official and say, fingers crossed, I'll give it a shot. However, it will share time with my rework already planned. I want my back log thinned out.

Look at the download #s on the few helicopters that are made. I'd be shocked if there wasn't enthusiasm.

Matt and I are committed to working on the physics. If you can get all the bits and pieces working right we can put something together that flys well. If I am able to ferret out an owner to commit to work on the finer details in the mean time, that would be the icing on the cake. But the bottom line is we've got your back on the physics.

All I promise is I'll give it a shot. I may do a test model just to test the water first.

Please post any more comments about this in my heli discussion thread to get this one back on track.

Last edited:
We're all pulling for you Andy. Few have dared to go where you are going. Win or lose man, you will always have my respect.

Flying Hovercraft

Something a little different for those interested in flying off the water:

Dual fan flying hovercraft, made by Universal Hovercraft

Description from Hammacher ad:

The Flying Hovercraft.
Description

This is the hovercraft that glides over land and water yet also soars in the air up to 70 mph with the aid of integrated wings. A 130-hp twin-cylinder, liquid-cooled gasoline engine -- turbocharged and fuel-injected -- drives its 60" wood/carbon composite thrust propeller while a 1,100-rpm 34" lift fan inflates its durable vinyl-coated nylon skirt for hovering above the ground. Operating in fresh- or saltwater and up to 30% inclines over sand, mud, grass, swamp, desert, ice, and snow, its wings and horizontal elevator enable pilots to simply hop over water- or land-based obstacles up to 20'-high unsurmountable to a typical hovercraft. A joystick controls three vertical rudders and the elevator, a twist friction-lock throttle controls forward speed, and a variable drive system controls the lift fan for hovering. Braking is provided by lowering the lift fan's rpms; comes to rest on Kevlar composite landing skids. Its low center of gravity and composite fiberglass/PVC hull enable it to operate in winds up to 25 mph and waves up to 6' when in flight. Two nine-gallon gasoline tanks provide a 160-mile range. Supports pilot/passenger payloads up to 600 lbs. for flight. Requires registration as a boat. Special conditions and guarantee limitations apply. Please call 1-800-227-3528 for details. 19' L x 7'8" W x 6'6". (1,100 lbs.)

Pics are from the Hammacher web site.

Links to help those who may want to request this model in getting the needed 3 view details.

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=11933&promo=search&query=Jh-11933
http://www.hovercraft.com/content/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwC8MP6uOiQ

Attachments

• Flying Hovercraft1.jpg
    Flying Hovercraft1.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Flying Hovercraft2.jpg
    Flying Hovercraft2.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Flying Hovercraft3.jpg
    Flying Hovercraft3.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Flying Hovercraft4.jpg
    Flying Hovercraft4.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 3
I have a few things I would like to say. Has anyone seen Andrew Jeskey's New pattern plane called the Proteus? It is really nice. I will do my best to get 3-view pics of it if anyone is willing to do this project. The thing that makes the Proteus different than the spark and the pinnacle is that the fuse has a bigger girth than the evo and the wing is an elliptical wing. It flies like a dream. Just a little background of this pattern plane to make a distinct difference between this and the others.

Fly_electric said:
Something a little different for those interested in flying off the water: Dual fan flying hovercraft

That'd be nice, but a possible heads up for anyone planning to take this on. I haven't tried it with Version 6, but the physics engine in both G4 & G5 did not handle Ground Effect Vehicles. I modeled one a couple years ago, but scrapped it when I could not get the physics to work correctly.

Doug

Back