Request RF6 Aircraft Here

You don't want much, do you? Is Christmas ok for all of those models? :rolleyes:

/END SARCASM

Please go back and read the very first post of this thread. If you want to get a modeler's attention, you've got to intrigue him. Post 3-view sketches, which all of us use to make a model. Post specs of the RC sized model you want. Maybe even include an interesting fact about the aircraft. Provide reference pictures, and be prepared to work with the modeler when he has questions.

It takes anywhere from 50-200 hours (or more in many cases) to make a model for RF. None of us gets paid to do it. It's all done in our free time. The least you could do is some of the required research for a model you would like.

My intrigue-o-meter for any of the models you merely blurted out is at zero.

You don't want much, do you? Is Christmas ok for all of those models? :rolleyes:

/END SARCASM

Please go back and read the very first post of this thread. If you want to get a modeler's attention, you've got to intrigue him. Post 3-view sketches, which all of us use to make a model. Post specs of the RC sized model you want. Maybe even include an interesting fact about the aircraft. Provide reference pictures, and be prepared to work with the modeler when he has questions.

It takes anywhere from 50-200 hours (or more in many cases) to make a model for RF. None of us gets paid to do it. It's all done in our free time. The least you could do is some of the required research for a model you would like.

My intrigue-o-meter for any of the models you merely blurted out is at zero.

They were suggestions not demands :( I do have a idea of how long it would take to render all those models. Not 3d but work with Bentley microstation in 2d ..

I would like a new Protos500 flb if anything the rest are Ideas for someone to just look into .. sorry if I broke the rules santa:D

Last edited:
There are no "rules" for making a request. There are only tips to make an effective suggestion. Personally, I feel if a requestor won't spend the time to find good reference material for his own request, it's not worth my time to make him a model. The reference material must be generated by somebody. These model aren't just crapped out of our collective behinds. The least you could do (to make an effective request) is to collect the necessary information. The only hope that you have with the request as you made it, is that just maybe a modeler was already thinking of doing one of the models you mentioned. That's not likely at all.

Ok understood.. on reference material would Plan drawings or Photos work for a request? In the case of the protos I could take photos of the kit or I do have the manual?

There are no "rules" for making a request. There are only tips to make an effective suggestion. Personally, I feel if a requestor won't spend the time to find good reference material for his own request, it's not worth my time to make him a model. The reference material must be generated by somebody. These model aren't just crapped out of our collective behinds. The least you could do (to make an effective request) is to collect the necessary information. The only hope that you have with the request as you made it, is that just maybe a modeler was already thinking of doing one of the models you mentioned. That's not likely at all.

3-view drawings (or RC plans when available) work best. They introduce no perspective, which is extremely undesirable. Look at Post 547 in this thread for an example. If no 3-view drawings are available, photographs can work, if they are done right. You must be perpindicular to the side you are shooting. More distance from your subject will reduce perspective, but it can not be eliminated. My advice for shooting pictures is to zoom in as far as the camera will go, and then step back so that the entire picture is filled with the object that you're shooting. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks Jeff It all make sense now.. Sorry for the laundry list without details... and thank you for giving me clear direction on what YOU the designer would like to see in order to model a given subject if chosen.:)

Jeff can speak for me to when it comes to this subject. I feel much the same way. It's not just Jeff trust me.;)

Thanks Jeff It all make sense now.. Sorry for the laundry list without details... and thank you for giving me clear direction on what YOU the designer would like to see in order to model a given subject if chosen.:)

Just be aware that there are more requests than models built. Even if you "jump through all the hoops" (as I've been accused of making people do), your request may not be picked up. Following our suggestions will give you the very best chance to get your model. The bottom line is that you've got to make a modeler WANT to build your model. If you intrigue a modeler, he WILL build your model. That's our guarantee!! I'm still batting 1.000 for building models that have intrigued me. :)

Jeff can speak for me to when it comes to this subject. I feel much the same way. It's not just Jeff trust me.;)

I have also written pretty much the same thing. Of course, me doing your model is kind of like getting the perfect attendance award. :p

For a good example, look for requests posted by Norton (here's just one of many - https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=27288). He probably has the best record for intriguing modelers of any poster. I know that I've picked up 3 or 4 of his requests or more often "I found this one you might be interested in" posts myself.

Last edited:
Yup I get it I dont expect anyone to give me anything. I do hope that I can provide an idea with of course the correct information for you guys. :)
In any case I have seen great models by you guys and want to say thank you .. for your time and work. and I know its work...:D
Oh and that was a ugly airplane request... kool dash though....

For a good example, look for requests posted by Norton (here's just one of many - https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=27288). He probably has the best record for intriguing modelers of any poster. I know that I've picked up 3 or 4 of his requests or more often "I found this one you might be interested in" posts myself.

Cheers Doug, even us lonely requesters like a "tip of the hat" every once in awhile!:)

I'm always ready to do the research! :cool:

Jeff, that plane is not as ugly as you think;)

I would like the Eflite RV9 450 which I have and have already crashed and repaired but I'm not getting it back out till I improve my RC flying skills

Anyone up for a heavy challenge?

I stumbled across this airplane and was immediately taken by its weirdness and complexity.

It's butt ugly and yet brutally handsome.

It has twin turbine engines, contra-rotating props, double folding wings, triple cockpits, and dropped torpedoes on submarines.

It is the "Fairey Gannet". Even has a weird name. :p

Perhaps it might intrigue one of the designers?

If someone takes it on I will help with digging up info.

Here is a good start. Detail photos galore:

http://www.thescale.info/news/publish/Fairey-Gannet-detail-photos.shtml

Attachments

• 025656.jpg
    025656.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 9_10.jpg
    9_10.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 10
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    409.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Fairey Gannet T.Mk2.png
    Fairey Gannet T.Mk2.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 3
  • FaireyGannet.png
    FaireyGannet.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 8
More:

Attachments

• front cockpit.jpg
    front cockpit.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 2
  • Fairey Gannet (England) (1949).gif
    Fairey Gannet (England) (1949).gif
    31.9 KB · Views: 4
  • centre cockpit forward view.jpg
    centre cockpit forward view.jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 2
  • bomb doors diagram.jpg
    bomb doors diagram.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 2
Kmot,

I requested that years ago after I got back from Duxford Air Museum in the UK.

I have pics of the real bird along with a folder with all the info on it. If somebody does pick it up i"ll post up all the info.

Back