Request your Airports here

Cripes A'Mighty

Request your Airports here Im making this new thread in light of the popularity of the Oceana Fighter Base that I created.

I want to know what you want. I want to know what airports you would like to see made for the Swap Pages forum. Please, if you have a favorite Real airport you would like me to biuld let me know. If I hear an airports more than once I will consider it. I can only make an airport soo fast, so if you guys have any ideas let me know. :)

I'm currantly revizing the old version of Oceana Master Fighter Base. Its not exactly what the real base looks like so I'm actually using Google Earth to make an exact replica. It should look exactly like the real one which is roughly 7500 ft long I think on the longest runway. Its a pretty big challenge to remodel my work all over but I felt it wasnt very good. Although it was a night mare making it, alot of people seem to like it.

Right now I'm Currently making 2 airports. The Oceana Base and Area-51. The Area 51 was really hard to find a big enough place to put it. The real runway is 39,000 ft long. So its going to be a huge file to download. It should look exactly like the real deal too, though if you want to down load these new files you will need Add-Ons 1 & 3. There are parts of the runways that just could not be created with just the new G3.5 objects. I only used G3.5 becuase I wanted to make it accesable by users who didn't buy the expansion packs.

Thanks

Last edited:
Cripes,

I have always had a thing for meigs field in Chicago, Having been simming since FS98 I have used this field to try to learn to fly the small planes, used the tower view in FS to fly rc before rc sims were around, if you could make this for RF3.5 that would be great.
Below is a pic and also the variation of the p-51 file "Molly"

Thanks

Brentg

Attachments

• meigs.jpeg
    meigs.jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 395
  • Molly#99_CS.G3X
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
brentg said:
Cripes,

I have always had a thing for meigs field in Chicago, Having been simming since FS98 I have used this field to try to learn to fly the small planes, used the tower view in FS to fly rc before rc sims were around, if you could make this for RF3.5 that would be great.

Thanks

Brentg

You got it. I'll get started on it tonight. Thanks for your hard work Brentg I really appreciate all your effort in bringing light to a lost War Bird.

I have an airial Photo of Miegs Field in Chicago and I know it quite well. I flew alot of sims at Miegs field when the first sim came out in 98. Its a classic so making it will be alot of fun. I'll make the overlay of the runway first before I put the lights and taxi lights on the runway before I give you an update ok. And if you dont mind I'll try and find a nice spot similar to the real one near some water.

Best Regards

William :)

Update

Just posting the devlopment of my latest work. This is Miegs Field in Chicago and as you can see in the link below its not yet finished. Its only about half done. I still need to put in the biuldings, airplanes, Taxi lights and landing lights. Its an exact replica of the real airport so when its done it should look prety awesome.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u245/Cripes_Amighty/?action=view&current=ScreenShot1136405473.jpg

It was a really good idea Brentg came up with because all the way up until now evey single airport has been on land...well I've seen a fiew 10,000ft up in the sky before lol. But this is the first airport thats on the waters surface. Its alot more fun flying at sea level and you can even land sea planes at this airport.

I'll continue to post the latest images on here eveyday.

Thanks

William

I have not seen any out there but if there are none, how about a AV with 2 or more airports? It would be fun to fly from one airport to another say over a range of mountains. Or can this even be done?

CElkins said:
Wow I use to do the same thing.

I did it to, i still do that in fsx from time to time

What i want is a aircraft carrier so that i can take off the hellcat and other planes of the sort. once a carrier was done it would not be to hard to make modern and ww2 carriers. (we could recreate midway online)

Last edited:
brentg said:
Cripes,

Thanks

Brentg

Heh, I know Meigs very well also. I've been using Flight Simulator since FS4!!

Here's a screenshot:

4t6dlb8.gif

I flew for HOURS for years on that sim... I loved it so much... it was released in 1990 by the way. I still have a working copy (and a 386SX to play it on!!)

the oldest sim i played was fs98 thats amzing. Thaats amzing, it makes me want to play the older sims

WhiteStar

I was hoping some one would be able to make an aircraft carrier landing deck
(not as a panorama but as a computer map with the ship in the middle of a large harbour, (Sydney maybe).

Something we could practice landing all these military models on with room for Jets, planes and helicopters to land on with landing runways and helipads.

I would love to land from cockpit or chase plane view, as well as line up for approach even adjust wind for landings.

daytime not night time please.

WOW
wishing you all the greatest luck.

WhiteStar.

whitestar said:
(not as a panorama but as a computer map with the ship in the middle of a large harbour, (Sydney maybe).

Something we could practice landing all these military models on with room for Jets, planes and helicopters to land on with landing runways and helipads.

I would love to land from cockpit or chase plane view, as well as line up for approach even adjust wind for landings.

WOW

WhiteStar.
try going here https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/1731

whitestar

thanks for that info but have that one but is a little low res.

but really look forward to some one making a 3d version with
carrier in middle of a large bay or harbour with room to land helis or jets

ps love vtols

would love to land on a swinging deck instead of a 4 km runway.

top job guys...

WhiteStar

You're asking for more than what the Sim is capable of.
We are not capable of modeling custom Airport object.
Best you're going to get is what comes with Addon Volume 4.

Sorry...

Attachments

• battleship-02.jpg
    battleship-02.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 20
whitestar

[SIZE=3]a practice carrier landing would do

doesnt have to look too real

thought one of those combined 3d and photo field background combos might have done something close

Two runway with helipads off to side a tower on left and water. a jet or two and a couple of guy cutouts maybe a radar

shaped a little like a carrier or not and raised above water level

thanks for listening to a crazy person

electric helis rule [/SIZE] (ps vtols do too)
WhiteStar

Carrier Airport ?

phrank said:
You're asking for more than what the Sim is capable of.
We are not capable of modeling custom Airport object.
Best you're going to get is what comes with Addon Volume 4.

Sorry...
Hi phrank,

Not quite sure I understand what you mean by "... what the sim is capable of...". I think the sim IS capable of having a carrier... since the Battleship in Addon Volume 4 is essentially the same thing with a catapult and very small landing deck (I've been able to land the Harrier on it). I'm guessing you mean we're just not able to use the current airport editing tools to import our own custom 3D objects. But, KE "could" create a 3D aircraft carrier for a future expansion pack --- we just can't do it.

--- is this correct?

whitestar said:

WOW

WhiteStar.

that would be cool, ive wanted that for a while

Back