RF does crash when importing any ZIP Archive file I have

RemyHeli

Path is: My Realflight > Import > Realflight Archives > open file "Aerospatiale SA 342 Gazelle_EA.zip"
Program close and return to Steam. Happy to share any log, once you let me know where I should find it.

Crashes with the .rfx file as well.
I tried importing it into RF8, RF9s and RFE, (3 versions DXVK, Public beta and DX11 beta) all do the same thing, crashes the simulator as soon as you click on the .rfx file name.
I have imported and flown this model before and never had a problem.

Downloads.jpg

It is a RF7.5 model built by a guy who did some "stuff" to make his models work for the sim at the time so compatibility may not be there for anything newer than RF7.5. It wasn't created in the conventional way. Anyways It isn't a realflight problem it is a issue with the .rfx file on the swap pages. It probably works with RF7.5, I could check, but my DVD is in storage.

This is not a problem with the DX11 Beta.

Last edited:
Technoid have you tried it in RF9 or RFE?
I just tried it in RF 9.5 DVD edition and it worked okay there too. It did give me a warning message. I just went back and checked and I got the same warning message in RF 7.5 but I didn't notice it the first time.

Load Warning.jpg

That is strange, I cannot get it to import on any RF, including RF-X.
Downloaded from the swap pages a few times in case file was corrupted but made no difference.

Last edited:
Technoid, can you make a very small modification to the model and save it as an export, and email me the file from your Documents/Realflight9/RFX.

That is strange, I cannot get it to import on any RF, including RF-X.
Downloaded from the swap pages a few times in case file was corrupted but made no difference.
I just tried to import it in RF Evolution and it exited to steam as soon as I clicked on the rfx file. I'm using the standard (non beta - non DX11 beta) version.

Technoid, can you make a very small modification to the model and save it as an export, and email me the file from your Documents/Realflight9/RFX.
Do you mean send you the physics file, like in an AV. Or export it as an EA?

When it exiting to steam when I tried to import it in RF Evo there was two things created. There was an empty folder in CustomModels with the Heli name and there was a g3x.enc file in the RF EVo Temp folder. Does anyone know what does the enc file does? Could it be bad? Dunno.

Knowing that this was a model downloaded from Turbosquid or some other 3D model site and converted, there is no telling to what is actually going on with this particular model but I know the guy who originally imported it for the guy hosting it did some stuff like that, including extracting 3D models from games, and converting them to RF. Actually he did some really shady stuff since he was ripping off other peoples artwork. This is probably one of those models too.

I had no problem importing this model in the RF 9.5 DVD edition so I just exported the model (with no changes) as an EA with the original name and imported it in RF Evo and it imported and flew without any issues. Just the warning I already posted. I tried importing the original rfx file from the swap pages a couple of times in RF Evo and it always exited to steam as soon as I clicked on the rfx file. So maybe with a fresh export from the RF 9.5 DVD edition it will work for others too. SO, what do you guys want me to do with it? I'm sending it in an email to @asj5547 as soon as I post this so he can test it too.

I opened the swap page download file (7zip) and extracted the .bse and .rfvehicle files a pasted them into the respective Custom Model and Custom Vehicle folders, also made a folder for the Custom model, named it correctly for the Aerospatiale and dropped the Kex and TGA files in there.

Imported the rfx again from the swaps (selected do not overwrite option when prompted) and the model imported without crashing the simulator, but it did not have any color (only white) had to "Save color scheme as" and apply the TGA to that, and now the model finally had color applied.

Now shortly after all that runaround work, I received Technoids email, so I deleted the model (Manage User Files) and imported Technoids RFX, imported easily with no problem and had color. Wow! never had an import that was so awkward.!

Technoid maybe you can post the exported RFX and @RemyHeli can try loading it on his system.

The Aerospatiale is a super stable flying model.

Thanks technoid, I was able to import :)
Two comments:
- Uggly preview and missing windows - never seen this before with the Gazelle and any previous RF version
- Status messages are hidden with the new RF11 interface - UI Overlap issue

Attachments

• Aerospatiale SA 342 Gazelle_EA Preview.jpg
    Aerospatiale SA 342 Gazelle_EA Preview.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 7
  • RF11 Interface.jpg
    RF11 Interface.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thanks technoid, I was able to import :)
Two comments:
- Uggly preview and missing windows - never seen this before with the Gazelle and any previous RF version
- Status messages are hidden with the new RF11 interface - UI Overlap issue
I don't know anything about that I just got it working. Do you have another version of RealFlight to try it in? I will say I thought it looked really good in my RF 9.5 DVD version.

It is a RF7.5 model built by a guy who did some "stuff" to make his models work for the sim at the time so compatibility may not be there for anything newer than RF7.5. It wasn't created in the conventional way. Anyways It isn't a realflight problem it is a issue with the .rfx file on the swap pages. It probably works with RF7.5, I could check, but my DVD is in storage.

I don't know anything about that I just got it working. Do you have another version of RealFlight to try it in? I will say I thought it looked really good in my RF 9.5 DVD version.
I'm using this model since several RF versions with no issue. For now, I'm reluctant to revert back to the non DX11 version as I'm happy to fly the Gazelle with main rotor disk correctly displayed at low RPM which DX11 seem to contribute.

Back