RF-E: TE: Trial Version not working with 13th Gen integrated GPU

My Apprentice STOL S 700mm came with a Steam key but it won't run on my 13th Gen integrated GPU (I see a plane on the runway but nothing is active including the menus). I have seen the thread from Jan '23 referencing a beta version for the full version of RF Evolution that fixes a DirectX incompatibility but no such version seems to exist for the Trainer Edition. Any solutions?

The current Version of Realflight Evolution does support DirectX11 which fixes the problem you are currently seeing. There is a way to manually fix Realflight Version 9 and most likely lower to allow it to run. I will link the thread that talks about it here, and maybe you can get it to work. Reading the post from Ryan Douglas may get you working.

The current Version of Realflight Evolution does support DirectX11 which fixes the problem you are currently seeing. There is a way to manually fix Realflight Version 9 and most likely lower to allow it to run. I will link the thread that talks about it here, and maybe you can get it to work. Reading the post from Ryan Douglas may get you working.

I gave it a shot but unfortunately, copying the d3d9.dll file into the install folder has no affect. It was probably a long shot, the thread makes it pretty clear the dll patch is for 9.5S and earlier and the beta version is a solution for the full edition of Evolution, but as far as I can tell, there is no work-around for the Trainer Edition.

@StormbringerGrey [Bob], you are probably stuck for now unless you have another computer with compatible hardware that will let you run. Having said that, please keep an eye out for updates in the hopefully-not-too-distant future. We are fully aware that RealFlight Trainer Edition (and naturally the Trial Version as well) is still suffering from DirectX 9 compatibility issues. We plan to release a DirectX 11 update for it as soon as we can.

So please sit tight! I don't know if there's much flying weather wherever you live right now, but if you're just starting out in the hobby, it will be well worth it to spend time in the sim once it works on your system.

Back