Rf6 == Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again............................................................................

Never fails with a new release.......................

prototype3a said:
Are you the resume police around here or something? I see that I joined these forums almost a full year before you did which would imply that I've been flying longer than you.

You're only defending RF6 because you got it for free. So, in effect, you're paid to like it.

Anyone who likes RF6 clearly does not fly in real life. It is THAT fake feeling.

LOL well i fly in real life and on the sim I own a raptor x50b that flys great and I feel it flys very realistic..

Crazy A Logie said:
lol can I have some of what you are smoking please??? 3.5 helis were a joke

Notice I did not say helis but heli physics. Also, I can't give their names as they would get in trouble with their sponsors. That said, I sim with a few of them on G3.5 at least once a week. They both fly modified versions of the Avant Aurora model.

Anyway, I'm off to the field to fly! :D

prototype3a said:
Notice I did not say helis but heli physics. Also, I can't give their names as they would get in trouble with their sponsors. That said, I sim with a few of them on G3.5 at least once a week. They both fly modified versions of the Avant Aurora model.

Anyway, I'm off to the field to fly! :D

So I take it as you just said, you favor another sim that doesn't sponsor Real Flight?

Sounds like a sheep not a shepherd.

Last edited:
and i got back what i expected.......boy you guys...LOL, i did say i havent liked since 5 , 4.5 was ok , and 3.5 is the best still.
first off know whom did/does what. you are all mostly talking without knowing anything....hence stupid comments.(not all of you,just some)

" first research , then add comment",works like a charm and you don't end up looking like trolls.

i remember taht old sim! yeh blue sky green ground , flying "sticks" witha big tan box, gave you a crash repair amount and that was about it.!.

oh , and most my life is spent on a computer(job),oh! and.LOL..(hehe , trust me when i say i know this sim inside and out).

so what abouts funfly you people with these knowledgable comments attend? i travel all over all summer long, love to see some REAL skills that your comparison is derived from....hehe<--pun intended

Mind you: I still have G3, G4, G5 and now G6 installed on my computers.
I cant give a true comment on heli's as I fly planks.

Been here for a long time and plan to be here for the duration.

If I'm not mistaken, KE is working on patches as we speak.

Don't be so hasty. :cool:

Last edited:
prototype3a said:
I love how none of the regular users here said anything about the product but instead made personal attacks on me and my character.

This "regular user" KNOWS you are out of your mind saying what you have.

If you tell everyone the world is flat, and we all know better, then yes it's time to attack the messenger because he ( you ) is crazy...

... or you did/do not have things set up properly when you performed your "test"...

I'd like to THINK the latter to give you the benefit of the doubt... and given you were in a store this is highly likely....

There are two very different kinds of three D heli pilots. There are those that have mastered the heli and are in complete control in any orientation. These guys can very quickly adapt to flying someone else' s heli setup and are performing amazing maneuvers with it in no time. These guys could fly and do amazing things on any sim in no time no matter how badly it recreated the real world environment with a heli that was a little out of whack.

There is another group of 3D pilots that can get up there and do all the amazing maneuvers simply because they've pounded the sims enough to build the timing and muscle memory to perform the maneuver. They can get up there and perform the maneuver blindfolded. Is that amazing? Not really. These guys are commonly known as stick bangers and if you've spent some time observing people flying, it doesn't take very long to see the difference. These are the guys that really struggle with a change in physics or a deviation in a heli setup because it completely throws off their timing and they are slow to adapt. These are the guys that tend to cling to what they know and might find themselves stuck in G3.5 flying the same heli they learned on and their real helis need to closely mimic them to maintain that critical timing. I suspect that the guys that are coming in here claiming to be experts and dogging KE for a change of any kind probably fall into this group. So I'm not going to spend my time in here arguing with them. If I see you fly I know who you are. So do the judges at the competitions.

Last edited:
opjose said:
This "regular user" KNOWS you are out of your mind saying what you have.

If you tell everyone the world is flat, and we all know better, then yes it's time to attack the messenger because he ( you ) is crazy...

... or you did/do not have things set up properly when you performed your "test"...

I'd like to THINK the latter to give you the benefit of the doubt... and given you were in a store this is highly likely....

Cheers.....

Hi !

I tested Aerofly, Phoenix RC, Reflex, Heli-X and Realflight. And Realflight does have the best physic for Helis.
I fly RC helis now for around 4 Years, no hard 3D (my brain dont like it :D ) but it feels very realistic on Realflight. Realflight got other problems that i dont wanna discuss here. Knifeedge is optimizing this sim so many years and all you can say is: RF6=fail. Try to program your own Sim and lets see how you fail...

The best thing we can do as a community is to help Knifeedge to make it better and better. You don't help when you offend them.

maxx

maxx2504 said:
Hi !

I tested Aerofly, Phoenix RC, Reflex, Heli-X and Realflight. And Realflight does have the best physic for Helis.
I fly RC helis now for around 4 Years, no hard 3D (my brain dont like it :D ) but it feels very realistic on Realflight. Realflight got other problems that i dont wanna discuss here. Knifeedge is optimizing this sim so many years and all you can say is: RF6=fail. Try to program your own Sim and lets see how you fail...

The best thing we can do as a community is to help Knifeedge to make it better and better. You don't help when you offend them.

maxx

Nicely said Maxx!

I don't see it worth while to come to the developers forum and start bashing their product. To me, based off the harsh and negative comments written by a few people, they are trying to start something/get a rise out of people, rather than be constructive and state what they feel could be improved. Instead, they come here to the developers forum where the developer and the supporting community gather and state very negative comments about the disk only being good for a microwave light show, or claim we don't know what we're talking about and obviously don't fly in real life. These abrasive words in a conversation usually don't spark well thought out, intellegent and constructive conversation.

The person that started this thread, prototype3a, stated we were all attacking him and we weren't. I also can't find where prototype3a stated the hobby shop Realflight display wasn't set on realistic physics or not. Most hobby shop displays I've played on had the physics set at begginner, which really threw off my opinion of Realflight before I experienced it at realistic settings at the local hobby shop. It is only a guess of mine that this could be the case.

I also feel like Airworks is personally attacking us and making us out to not know a single thing. Just because most of us aren't sponsered pilots, doesn't mean we don't know what we're talking about. The guys at Realflight do fly RC in real life and I've seen them fly at funflys--I guess I don't need to point out that I have gone to funflys now, which is obviously a requirement to have legitimate claims to your flying experience :rolleyes: . I have a couple of sponsered pilot friends too which have feelings at the opposite end of the spectrum towards Realflight. One friend in particular really liked the physics in G5.5 when I let him try it out on my PC. He hasn't had a chance yet to fool around with 6--I don't know how he'll feel.

Basically, if you don't like the product or hate it, why come here of all places on the net and waste your time bad-mouthing the product? Why not compile a list of what you feel needs addressed and post it in an intellegent mannor? I just don't get it.

Realflight 6 isn't perfect, but I don't know of any sim that could ever accomplish this. Knifeedge uses this community for bi-directional support. Some of us will be constructive and help KE improve the sim, while others try to pick fights by calling the regular users trolls and saying we're not experienced with real life RC. I'm here to do what I can to assist. When I find bugs, I report them and they eventually get addressed.

Although I really don't have any where to talk in the area of trying different sims, or versions, other than G3.5.65, I would like to know what kind of system that hobby store was running the sim on. It sound to me like a cheap computer.
The same problems happend to me when I ran G3.5 on a Sony Vizio Laptop with the originall Win. Vista. I do have to agree with you in saying that G3.5 doesn't beat acually flying a real R/C aircraft, But it is nice on that day your plane is wrecked and you haven't fixed it yet, or the weather is bad. But buy the sim, THEN contradict. On your own system it could be better than any previous version.

Just to add, at least your lucky enough to have RF6 at your local hobby store. All I've seen so far is the screen shots posted by those who have bought it.

Don't contradict somthing you don't have, that you have to trust somone elses (computer in this case) opinion to base your on.

Off to drool at screen shots!

a4magic said:
Don't contradict somthing you don't have, that you have to trust somone elses (computer in this case) opinion to base your on.
I was thinking the same thing ... the kiosk at the LHS usually has the difficulty set to "Beginner " to make it easy for beginners and encourage them to buy...... with the beginner setting of course it's gonna seem "Fake" or off to an experienced RC Pilot

And if you've only had 3.5 ...with all of the changes to RF since then
how is it possible "to know RF inside and out" :confused:

Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
I was thinking the same thing ... the kiosk at the LHS usually has the difficulty set to "Beginner " to make it easy for beginners and encourage them to buy...... with the beginner setting of course it's gonna seem "Fake" or off to an experienced RC Pilot

And if you've only had 3.5 ...with all of the changes to RF since then
how is it possible "to know RF inside and out" :confused:

Maj,

That is why he said to trust him. How else are you able to trust someone without being told to do so? I'm not going to be a sheep, I will do what I am told.

The LHS system was set to full expert, 100% physics speed and generating >100fps. The sim was running as it should. ~$200 is a lot of money for a piece of software so I gave it a good test. I was still able to do most any maneuver I wanted but the feel and response is wrong. I can not say this any clearer. With the settings I had on the model, it should not respond the way it does in RF 6. The model had characteristics and tendencies that you will not see in real life.

I have no interest in getting the users here bent out of shape. However it is amusing to see people get so bent out of shape because a few very good heli pilots say that RF G3.5 has the best physics to date.

I am simply trying to tell the developers that the direction the sim has been going is one that experienced pilots do not like or appreciate. RF G3.5 is the only sim that I own but I have flown on every version of RF and I'm planning to take Phoenix for a spin simply so I have first hand experience with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back