RF9.5s running with 13th gen CPU and IGPU

asj5547

My experience utilizing the IGPU Intel UHD 770 graphics (CPU onboard GPU) with RF9.5s.

How to enable RF9.5s when using the Interlink DX controller.

Start Realflight 9.5s, the plane will appear on the runway, it will not move, and the menu bar will be greyed out, click the Esc. key or press the interlink reset button, the menu bar should now be enabled, and you can control and fly the model.

How to enable RF9.5s when using the Interlink Elite or X controllers.

Start Realflight 9.5s, the plane will appear on the runway unresponsive, also the menu bar will be greyed out.
Disconnect the interlink controller USB plug for about 3 seconds, then plug the controller back in again, double click the "Esc" key or press the reset button on the controller, the menu bar should now be enabled, but the plane will still not move, or control surfaces respond to stick inputs from the interlink, click on "Simulation" tab (top left screen) click on "Select Controller" and wait for about five to ten seconds, the plane should now respond to controller inputs and you can enjoy flying in the simulator.

Yes, you will have to complete either of these methods every time you start RF9.5s

The good news is planes and Drones load and fly good, the bad news is selecting any helicopter will crash the system and RF9.5s will need to be restarted,
Helicopters generate an error code: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL, DXDevice.cpp, line 118. (clicking "Okay" does nothing, click "Cancel" restarts RF9.5s).

The above methods will get RF9.5s working but it has limited functions, such as, not all the Simulation menu options are available,
If you click on "Select Scenarios", "Manage Scenarios", or Physics tabs nothing appears to happen, if you click on "Graphics" tab the menu bar gets greyed out again, the system becomes frozen and RF9.5s will need to be restarted.
Usually when you click on the "Select Controller" tab you get a popup screen that allows you to select the controller or calibrate it, that screen does not appear, so you have no way of calibrating within RF9.5s. (use joy.cpl in Windows to calibrate).

When the mouse curser is moved over the left side of the main window screen, the graphical icons for Select Scenario, Select Aircraft, Select Airport, NavGuides, Radio, Binoculars, and Viewport do not appear.

These are the only ways I have found to run 9.5s when using the Intel 12th or 13th gen CPU with the integrated IGPU. (UHD Graphics 770).

Nice that you provided the crash on helicopter load information.
This may have been posted before but I have never seen it.
May prove useful but I would expect development to already be aware of this.
But very useful information if they are not.
-Steve

Hopefully the development team will address the issue, I love flying Heli's too! and for the folks with only a basic laptop or desktop with no discrete video card option, RF9.5s will be very limited.
I wish I still had my DVD version of RF9.5 to test if helicopters load with a 12th (or later) Intel CPU, IGPU, can't find one on Ebay yet!

Hopefully the development team will address the issue, I love flying Heli's too! and for the folks with only a basic laptop or desktop with no discrete video card option, RF9.5s will be very limited.
I wish I still had my DVD version of RF9.5 to test if helicopters load with a 12th (or later) Intel CPU, IGPU, can't find one on Ebay yet!
I doubt that any further development or patches will occur with 9.5s or any older versions of Realflight. Realflight Evolution solves the problem of the Intel IGPU's so anyone who needs to fix their now depreciated product should consider upgrading if they are using newer hardware.

I installed RF 9.5 from DVD onto my new Dell XPS15 9530 laptop 13th Gen i7-13700H processor running Windows 11 Pro which has an Intel Iris Xe Graphics adapter and a Nvidia Geforce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU.
I experience the same issue with the menu being greyed out. I tried asj5447 work around above and it works!!!
- Thanks asj5447 :) also same issue with trying to load heli's it crashes RF9.5

RF9.5 should work normally if you link the Nvidia card to run RF9.
My observations as listed above are what I experience when using only the Intel Iris Xe graphics (IGPU).

To make the Nvidia run RF9 see this thread. In that thread I was helping a member with RF7, just substitute RF9 when asked and it should work okay. Be sure to follow instructions in post #2 and #5.

RF9.5 should work normally if you link the Nvidia card to run RF9.
My observations as listed above are what I experience when using only the Intel Iris Xe graphics (IGPU).

To make the Nvidia run RF9 see this thread. In that thread I was helping a member with RF7, just substitute RF9 when asked and it should work okay. Be sure to follow instructions in post #2 and #5.
asj5547 you are a legend!!! my R F9.5 is now 100% working including Helis- THANKS!!!!!!

Good to hear you can now fully enjoy the simulator, including helicopters.
The difference between IGPU and Dedicated GPU, is like night and day, IGPU very limited in features but will run (crashes program with Heli selected) with a dedicated GPU (Nvidia, Intel Arc and some AMD cards) the RF9 simulator works great.

Back