RLU-1 Breezy

Cool breezy model legoman.
This one is mine: (The video is 3d if you watch it on your phone or with 3D VR you can pan around)

Mine is configured for Pilot in the back, if you ever get to the San Diego area I'll give you a ride.

thanks. I had seen the first half of the video before it started at the 28 minute mark. I doubt I would make it to San Diego any time soon since I live in south west Florida.

I made some videos of they planes that will most likely be on the next poll. also I tried recording in high quality and then rendering them to a different. that cut the file size to like a 1/3 of the old upload size.

let me know if it is better, same or worse quality. I think youtube's compression hurt it some.

I can`t really see any diff. in the vids. myself, I really like all the planes, the YB-49 looks like it needs a little more weight, (looking at the landing approach, IMHO)...but I hate to judge prematurely...nice to see all these planes in the works... ? ? (y) (y)

I think you are refering to the spot shortly before landing on the approach where it has a mini stall / aggressive flare. it had something to do with it being a tad tail heavy and the pitching moment curve of the wing changing and maybe a tip stall. also the airfoils are Higher speed airfoils which stall harshly at low renyold numbers

in short moment is a measure of how much the airfoil wants to rotate up or down for a given Angle of Attack

long version Pitching moment - Wikipedia

I start the plane early so I can pick a motor that will fit in cowl and power the plane well and some times you find weird stuff like this that can cause headaches. both of the wings have, mostly the 35, some cg head aches. the XB-35 engines are buried in the leading edge of the wing and they turn a drive shaft to turn the gearbox/propellers. I dont want to mess with driveshafts and gearboxes if I dont have to use them, also the R-4360 is not small but it is compact in term of diameter and almost any RC radial would have trouble fitting even in the wing of the 35. so that leads to needing electric motors and those will into the nacelles but the cg goes way back and I dont like adding ballast if I dont have too (5-6 pounds), it is waisted weight so it needs some honker batteries where the R-4360s would be. I have spent alot of time on and off over the last few years tuning both planes the first XB-35 in my rf was in 2016.

ah the fun of learning a new how to use a new program. Figuring out the smoothing groups, how the materials work and such. I got the arms and legs animated to move with the controls and the pilot head moves with the sliders. I know some of the joints open. I will fix it and add lot of other odds and ends.

Attachments

• RLU-1 Breezy test 28_EA.RFX
    5.5 MB · Views: 14
I added some electronics to try some different controls. make sure the gadget shown below is up press '0' (zero) channel 8 switches modes. tell me what you think.
  • manual is the same as the release ea.
  • semi auto
    • you have full look side to side control.
    • pitch control the camera tries to keep the same angle in relation to the horizon as you pan side to side. you still have some control to look lower of higher
  • Full auto
    • the look side to side is automatic by the roll angle.
    • the pitch is the same semi auto but with the auto pan side to side.

2021-04-22 05_15_12-RealFlight 9.5.jpg

Attachments

• RLU-1 Breezy test 28 camera mod_AV.RFX
    1,017 KB · Views: 13
Back