RTFM?

ClubCub

Is there a manual for this software? I didn't see Evolution in the Knowledge base, and I can't find any manuals.
Any clues appreciated...

I thought there was a way to get to the manual through the menus somehow, but I can't find it.

The manuals are PDF's located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\RealFlight Evolution\Documentation\English

You'll see a file there called "RealFlight 9.5S Manual.pdf", but that covers pretty much everything Evo does. The only thing it won't cover is the new ESC menu system. If you turn on the legacy menu system, then everything will line up with the manual.

THANK YOU Flightengr! I don't know why I didn't think to look there. :)

I'll probably be back after I read that manual.

Adding this to keep the info about the manual in one thread.
Here's a link to the RF 9.5 manual on the Horizon Hobby Web site.

Any idea whether there will be an update to match up with RF Evolution V10?

Here's the thing: Right now, you buy it, and the email receipt they (HorizonHobby) send out with a link to the Install Instructions is broken. Page Not Found. No directions on where to download it. Had to open a ticket to get that much. THEN, apparently no manual. Completely "flying blind". Your tip helped greatly in finding the manual for 9.5. However the manual isn't up to date with the Spektrum Controller world and so everything is "ALMOST RIGHT" but not quite.... So I imagine people are running out buying USB dongles for controllers that don't need them.

Here's where the link in the e-mail is trying to go, with some instructions for how to obtain RF from Steam.

You're right - the manual doesn't cover much about Spektrum controllers, and I've noticed that's a frequently-asked question around here. I have a blog on RCGroups, and in my RealFlight thread, I have writeups about setting up the WS1000/2000 USB dongles, the Spektrum NX radio (those can be connected via USB for RF), additional info about the InterLink DX (there's no setup for that really, but I put other info out there), and some other tips for things I've seen asked about RF in the past. Hopefully those things help people out.

Back