SAB GOBLIN Build

Still looking very very good. I have said it before but I'll say it again. The speed you can build just amazes me. :D

Nice job! Yes, Steve would be bouncing off the walls on this build. Hell, he was bouncing already before I ever said for sure that I would do it. I'm glad I handed it to you instead. Much nicer and further along than I would ever be.

Thanks guys. I'm feeling very driven on this one. I could have been further along but the family has been demanding more of my time lately. Today will be tough to get allot of time on the Goblin. Monday will be a big day for it though. I will post lots pics along the way.

This is bar none the hardest part to model and smooth I've ever done. Lots of odd angles and protrusions yet it needs to be precise because of the outrigged servo mounts. 3 servos mount to this tray at 120 degrees from each other. I'm glad to be past it. Here's a few renders. 751 polys in this part alone. Total polys are at 9,659

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
This is bar none the hardest part to model and smooth I've ever done. Lots of odd angles and protrusions yet it needs to be precise because of the outrigged servo mounts. 3 servos mount to this tray at 120 degrees from each other. I'm glad to be past it. Here's a few renders. 751 polys in this part alone. Total polys are at 9,659

I'm not much of a heli pilot. My best helicopter is a Blade mCP X but this is looking great. :D I'm going to love flying it to the extent I can (which is loops, rolls, and not much more).

And a question... Since you are mapping as you go, how are you deciding on the layout? I mapped a lot of my FE2b as I went but I ended up remapping some of the parts because of layout issues.

The layout won't be final until the end so I haven't thought of layout. I don't see how I would need to remap anything to get a better layout. I would only remap if I changed the geometry itself.

Yeah, relative size on the map, but not a change in shape. That's all that I would think would need to be changed.

The layout won't be final until the end so I haven't thought of layout. I don't see how I would need to remap anything to get a better layout. I would only remap if I changed the geometry itself.

As is not unusual, I phrased things poorly. I meant redoing the CS, not redoing the mapping.

I'm not doing the CS until the end. For now I just have some carbon fiber and the rest is yellow green. Aside from two stripes I made. All temporary.

Here are some renders of the small amount I've gotten done today. If I can get the rest of the night on this I can get at least the the top of the main rotor done. Polys are at 11,019

Attachments

• Render1.jpg
    Render1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Render2.jpg
    Render2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Render3.jpg
    Render3.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Render4.jpg
    Render4.jpg