SAB GOBLIN Build

Also I should more use the German-English Dictionary :) I readed that Thread again, and now I think I was very rude an unrespectfull. I had a very hard and bad day, but that is no explanation for that. I missunderstood many things and wrote many things that I just translated from german to english, and have a complete different meaning in English. I guess I have to wear sackcloth and ashes!!

I think the main point you didn't understand was that once you upload an EA and some one else makes a CS or an AV for it you can no longer remove the file to make room for a re- upload with changes. It is not a common practice for the modelers I know of to release multiple EAs for the same model. I always cringe when something is wrong with my models that I let slip and make it to the swaps. I strive to do the best of my ability at the time of release. I continue to learn new things so hopefully my models get progressively better. I don't think that I have seen any model, including the ones created by KE, satisfy everyone. There are just too many limits in this sandbox to allow the precision I'd like to be capable of. So at some point I cut the cord and let the model go and move to the next project as most of us here do. You will see later if you stick with this particular hobby that it's not easy to create a model that all will be happy with, so you will learn to release it when you are happy with it. All in all I am quite happy with the Goblin 700. Happier in fact than I am with several of my earlier projects. No regrets!:)

That would be a nice KE improvement, if modelers WANTS to update their models, if maybe something really bad is wrong, they get the chance to edit their EA to update it. In my Visual Pinball Forum this feature exist. It shows even if and when a file has been updated.

But you are right, i didn´t understood that.

I mean sometimes I cut cords too, and hope that users don´t realize that there is something buggy. And yes, sometimes i have enough of something and moving on to the next. You could be very proud of that Goblin. I mean my Goblin is making some nice progess too, but till now there are only the "easy" parts. At the moment I am doing the Canopy, and that really prooves my gap in modeling. I´m going nuts with it..I created it out of a square. I have the shape correct and it look exact like the original one, but I didn´t get it smooth with nice curves. So you have a real masterpiece with that Goblin. And the V90N2 will be the next unrivalled Heli :)

Last edited:
Here is a prime example of how you will/can not know what is truly involved in making a model UNLESS you actually try it. Anyone can sit back and say why not do this, or can't you just........

I was the same way before starting to model. When I made my Reaper CS, I asked Jeff to remove the bones of the Eratix, never giving any thought that they just might be part of the fuselage that couldn't be removed. I just assumed you could just take them out. Luckily, it wasn't an issue that time.

That would be a nice KE improvement, if modelers WANTS to update their models, if maybe something really bad is wrong, they get the chance to edit their EA to update it. In my Visual Pinball Forum this feature exist. It shows even if and when a file has been updated.

But you are right, i didn´t understood that.

I mean sometimes I cut cords too, and hope that users don´t realize that there is something buggy. And yes, sometimes i have enough of something and moving on to the next. You could be very proud of that Goblin. I mean my Goblin is making some nice progess too, but till now there are only the "easy" parts. At the moment I am doing the Canopy, and that really prooves my gap in modeling. I´m going nuts with it..I created it out of a square. I have the shape correct and it look exact like the original one, but I didn´t get it smooth with nice curves. So you have a real masterpiece with that Goblin. And the V90N2 will be the next unrivalled Heli :)

Can anyone edit your tables that you create, or make a different color scheme? The problem with updating an EA is that if someone has created a CS or AV for your model, RF will only use THAT model. If you update an existing model and try to download a CS or AV for the original, it will not work, as the updated EA would be a different model.

Here is a prime example of how you will/can not know what is truly involved in making a model UNLESS you actually try it. Anyone can sit back and say why not do this, or can't you just........

Yes. I've been modeling about 9 months or so now, and I still continue to learn things on a frequent basis. In fact, if I didn't continue to learn things, I would probably grow bored of it and quit.

Little hint about canopies: Start with a tiny sphere at the very nose of the canopy and rotate it so the vertex at it's pole is the very tip. Now grab the back 2/3rds of verts and stretch them back a bit using the move tool. Scale them all up so that the forward most edgeloop meets the limits of the canopy and deselect that edgeloop and continue that process till you reach the rear of the canopy. Add in edgeloops wherever necessary to get a good shape. Now shape from the perpendicular view to the one you started with. Now all you need to do is use the cut tool to draw in the rear cut of the canopy and delete the unnecessary polys.

I didn´t want to hijack this thread again, but here is a picture of my canopy. it a pain in the *** (oops) to erase that bumps...

Attachments

• canopy.jpg
    canopy.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 18
Bumping a somewhat dead thread here but I did a search and couldn't find an answer.

Every time I attempt to import I get an error along the lines of: "does not contain all of the necessary files"

Am I missing a required expansion pack? I'm running RF6. Same thing also happens when I try to import the 3GX version of the Align T-Rex 700. The 3G version will import just fine.

Thoughts or ideas?

I don't think RF6 supports the custom blades that these models include.

If you bought RF6, 6.5 is a free upgrade for you which does support these blades.;)

Back