SAB GOBLIN Build

yes but they are imroving the blade sounds from RF. If you compare Videos of the Goblin and this sounds in RF, you will hear that they are extremely near..

I will try something later tonight but i don't think it will work well. RF has a separate blade sound that would change based on what the heli is doing, all the blade sounds in the motor file will do is stay at a pretty constant pitch and not change when the main blades are doing something. I did experiment with my 500 and i have found that the best results come from recording the heli on the ground with no blades, strapped to a table and i slowly go through different RPM's. I still have the sounds of the gears, motor etc and let the blade sound from RF handle the pitch changes, etc.

Well after a bit of thinking about it, i decided to start my own Goblin. To have a nice alternative product, I will do the 630 which is almost the same, just a bit shorter in the Tailboom.
I tried abit with 3DSMax which I havent used a while now, but it is finally alot simplier as I thought. Progress will not that fast as Scotts, but I hope to make some good steps.

Main Frame and Skids are already modeled, but that is the easier part ;)

Well lets see.

BTW. Sorry for being a bit too constructive today. If I insult anybody, I´m sorry.

Greetz

Groni

Yes, please do that. I, for one, enjoy watching others and how they work.

Posting wire frames is always nice.

Last edited:
Yeah I will start a Thread when my progress is more done. I modeled the Main Frames and the Skids but without any bevel now as single objects. When I put them together I will start the thread. For now I´m having only problems with the exact measurements. I know them, but didn´t found out till yet how to do that in 3dMax

Build threads are no fun if you wait until you're done. That completely takes away the reason for a build thread! I enjoy seeing other's progress.

Yeah I will start a Thread when my progress is more done. I modeled the Main Frames and the Skids but without any bevel now as single objects. When I put them together I will start the thread. For now I´m having only problems with the exact measurements. I know them, but didn´t found out till yet how to do that in 3dMax

This is where a build thread comes in handy. You can ask questions like this and get answers. In light of this being someone else's thread, I'll withhold any more comments.........or answers;)

Trust me he will not get any help from me.

I think G W Bush said it best "fool me once shame shame on you.....fool can't get fooled again"

Last edited:
Scott, I don´t need your help. If you are angry at me, it is your thing. When I need help, I´m sure I will find friendlier persons like you. Go ahead with your future models and keep me out of conversation. You are a great modeler, nothing more nothing less....

Scott, I don´t need your help. If you are angry at me, it is your thing.
You did crap all over him. Then you crapped on him again. I can't blame him for being bitter. And then to top it all, you act self-righteous.

I really did crap yeah...just why I´m wondering he didn´t do any kind of updating to his past models. He have his mind, and I do mine. It´s ok for me, I don´t know him, and for sure I don´t want to change that. Just because he did a good looking Goblin he isn´t any kind of special person to me...

What a coincidence you are redoing this model after joking about stealing it. :rolleyes: I bet you get it done quick. By the way start your own thread already. It's bad forum etiquette to hijack another members thread.

Oh men you still believe I cracked your model. I can´t believe it. Yeah, and now I´m using your Geometry to make my Model..Of course..Dream on!

Look at the picture, and I´m sure you see that this is not one of yours

Attachments

• Render1.jpg
    Render1.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 32
Oh men you still believe I cracked your model. I can´t believe it. Yeah, and now I´m using your Geometry to make my Model..Of course..Dream on!

Look at the picture, and I´m sure you see that this is not one of yours

Ill take this slowly........START A NEW THREAD IF SHOWING PICS!!!!:mad::mad:

Nobody respond anymore to him in this thread.

So I found out that I was just taking groni's word for it that the blur disk is wrong on the Goblin 700. There is no issue other than it could have used more polys to reduce faceting. I had no such polys anyways but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
The problem with my current build will be discussed there.
The pictures show the state of the blur disk as released. I have made no changes.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1349472089.jpg
    ScreenShot1349472089.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 17
  • ScreenShot1349472102.jpg
    ScreenShot1349472102.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 26
Hey Scott. Well I have to say sorry for that. I think I missunderstood the Blurdisc thing. Now that I am building an heli and looked at the demo heli, I know now what it is. I thought its the complete blur that is visible from the complete blades. What I mean that they are wrong, was the effect that shortly before the blades stops to spin, the blur effect stops directly. But that is not a problem with your heli, thats a problem with RF.

And also I know why that SAB Logos are mirrored now. I had the same issues now on my 630. But I solved it, by mapping all four plastics :)

So Sorry that I blamed you with that. Still the best Heli available for download with unreached detail. I will never reach that amount of detail.

Greetz

Groni

Back