SAB GOBLIN Build

Boof69

Just got a start on the frames tonight. I will try to stay focused on this build.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 93
  • SAB-Goblin700.jpg
    SAB-Goblin700.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 85
I think Jeff should do it. I was going to put his name on it. Any ideas what it should be?

When I get the mapping done I can send it your way for the tribute CS or maybe the finished CS and let you add to it. Whatever works. Maybe something as simple as everyone signing a piece of paper and take a picture of it and I could put them all around the canopy or you could.

I was just taking a close look at the frame and I'm confused (nothing odd about that). I see places where there is clearly rounding of the shape, but the internal triangulation that is showing doesn't meet it. I know that can happen in 3ds max (like the end of a cylinder in particular) but I wouldn't have thought that was happening here. It must be though. How were those shapes rounded to cause that?

Maybe you or someone else can do a separate special td9 memorial CS for this one ..........I think that'd be cool

Also had the same thought this morning!

To keep it permanent in his honor, can the text or logo or whatever is chosen be made in such a way it cannot be changed? Or maybe what is added can be a part of the model itself? Would hate to see someone ruin what Boof is doing with their CS mod.

An alternative CS is always going to be an option on any mapped part. You can't bake graphics. However, the CS will always be available and if another is created, it's your choice to DL it or not.

It is possible, with clever mapping, to make it difficult to figure out exactly where something is embedded. But as Andy says, it is impossible to stop someone from changing a mapped part.

I think it'd be worth the polies to embed a small 'td9' into the 3D model. That couldn't be changed.

I'm not so sure I can promise that. Letters are very poly hungry. I'll see what I can do.

I was just taking a close look at the frame and I'm confused (nothing odd about that). I see places where there is clearly rounding of the shape, but the internal triangulation that is showing doesn't meet it. I know that can happen in 3ds max (like the end of a cylinder in particular) but I wouldn't have thought that was happening here. It must be though. How were those shapes rounded to cause that?

I am not following what you mean at all. Please explain.
This is what the frame looks like up close.

Attachments

• Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
This is your model, but this is an idea: make the 3 letters, remove the back faces, and put it somewhere on the bird. I bet you could get away with 100 tris, certainly 200.

Back