Sig Morrisey Bravo

looks excellent FE and looks like your having some fun flying it with the new airfoil csgill75 suggested, getting closer , thanks for the update

Your pilot figure looks like the offensive coordinator for the New York Giants! LOL

Attachments

• eli-manning-nfl-new-york-jets-new-york-giants-850x560.jpg
    eli-manning-nfl-new-york-jets-new-york-giants-850x560.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 4
I haven't chimed in on this one in awhile, I`ll have to admit it looks great, keep it up FE. Carkshark, you`re absolutely correct, there is an uncanny resemblance there.. they must be related.. :D

Thanks guys.
Resemblance? 1000% chance!

Question:
Is is possible to enable/disable the LEDs on the props? Seems I came across that once... I realize the LED rings are there to be an aid in night flying, but that is not real world, and with a white/light color on the plane, it is visible enough in the moonlight.

Few very short videos of the lights as of now. Rename the extension to mp4 to view.

Attachments

• SMB1.recording
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • SMB2.recording
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Is there the option to disable the night flying glow in the settings menu?

I don't think that it's what your looking for though. In searching the forums I did come across this question was brought up a few years ago, the fix was "change the prop to one that doesn't glow". I've never found a way to disable it either.

Nowadays I guess you could make your own prop.

Last edited:
A little more progress.

Have the basic flight instruments in place. For the available IP area, the best results were obtained with shrinking down from an instrument cluster that is a 1300x1065 and 72 dpi file.

Had to repair the glow polygons for the flashing nav lights (were just detached from the wing, but when off in the daylight, the polygon is transparent, so a backing surface was required).

With that done, have now started in on the initial pass at the normals map for the elevator and rudder ribs.

Posting IS getting closer...

Attachments

• Sig Morrisey Bravo render43.jpg
    Sig Morrisey Bravo render43.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Sig Morrisey Bravo render44.jpg
    Sig Morrisey Bravo render44.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot1453788836.jpg
    ScreenShot1453788836.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 10
  • ScreenShot1453789146.jpg
    ScreenShot1453789146.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 10
  • ScreenShot1453789110.jpg
    ScreenShot1453789110.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 9
A few "after hours" views..

Could have bumped the cowl bolts, but glad I didn't-- looks much better when they create actual shadows across the cowl.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1453790541.jpg
    ScreenShot1453790541.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot1453790599.jpg
    ScreenShot1453790599.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 17
  • ScreenShot1453790643.jpg
    ScreenShot1453790643.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 13
I like the night flying details...I wonder about the nose light... are you sure the opening is for a landing light. Seems a bit wierd... I would think leading edge lighting for landing..

I know you wanted to eliminate on the prop LEDs, but I think that it only makes the total model better.

On the fence about the pilot :) :) Plane looks great, it has really grown on me.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

12oclockhigh:

The details being used as a CS guide was from a father/son rebuild effort of a Sig model. Both the real plane and the Sig kit just had an air take. I guess the son wanted to mod the cowl a bit and turn the intake into a light-- actually a very good job on that. As you are probably aware, landing/taxi lights in the cowl are not uncommon on small planes, so the son may not have been too far off as maybe some one who built one of the full size Bravo I or Bravo II kits may have made the same mod.

Attachments

• bravo_2a.jpg
    bravo_2a.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 5
  • landing-lights.jpg
    landing-lights.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Sq47413.jpg
    Sq47413.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 7
Cowl drop feature: update

This is never worked on the SMB. RF is not detecting the ~CS_COWL object (even tried RF 6.5). After trying various things to find the problem, I finally tried:
renamed the cowl
created a new small object and named it ~CS_COWL

RF then finds it (and am assuming the drop feature will then also work). So, there is something that RF does not like about the existing cowl object after all its editing. Reminds a me a bit of the bug in the latest exporter that, for unknown editing changes of some earlier designs (retracts seemed to be the common thread), crashes 3ds max and corrupts the max file such that it cannot be opened.

So, for this repair I'll start with the cowl from the earliest auto backed file. Might get lucky there, but worst case is the cowl will have to be remade. Regardless, the new cowl will also have to be remapped.

Sorry for the delay.

Could leave the plane as is, but am guessing everyone wants to see the cowl drop feature work.

Last edited:
When you say RF doesn't see it, is it just not listed as a component frame option, or it just doesn't drop?

although the cowl drop would be a nice feature to view your engine details and to know whats causing the problem it's not a huge deal to not have it , imo

Back