Slow Stick

slow stik EA

Hi All,

I uploaded the first rev. of my slow stick. It was a joint effort between Phrank and my self. Would have taken a heck of alot longer if I did it by myself.

I am working on a Dornier18 and a Grumman Goose.

Hope I got it right... :eek:

Cheers!

GLM

glm said:
Hi All,

I uploaded the first rev. of my slow stick. It was a joint effort between Phrank and my self. Would have taken a heck of alot longer if I did it by myself.

I am working on a Dornier18 and a Grumman Goose.

Hope I got it right... :eek:

Cheers!

GLM
grrr. y do people post planes that arent finished?! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
you couldve sent it to one of the more experienced modelers to do the colorscheme for you BEFORE posting it.

fsda said:
you couldve sent it to one of the more experienced modelers to do the colorscheme for you BEFORE posting it.

What planes have you posted?
Give the guy a break, at least he tried. Where do you get off ripping someone when this is your first post on the forum?

Foolish!
Throw some more mad faces in there also!

Last edited:
A little more courtesy is in order.

Best to PM the authors of any model you are not happy with, than to publicly burn them.

We need more content creators, this is not the right way to encourage the new guys.
Worst case is they give up and we lose a potential supply of new content.

fsda said:

Wow!

What a courteous and polite first post from someone who has contributed SOOO much themselves! I just love the planes you posted... Oh wait....

I'm sure we'll be seeing so much more of the same from you!

fsda said:
sorry :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
just tees me off a little bit
I apologize.

There is no reason to be upset.

These are user created contributed airplanes, for which no one is being paid for.

Remember that and you are quite welcome here and will be well received w/o people getting on your case.

Lurk a bit and check out the posts, this permits you to get the "tone" of the discussions and helps avoid faut-pas.

thanks so much for getting on this ryan! :D

physics (flight characteristics) need some tweaking for sure. Is this something I can do completely in-game?

thanks again,

Eric

this portion should be able to be done in the sim.
there is very little fuse on the slow stick. IE it is mostly wings. and this part is easy to do in the Aircraft Editor.

You could announce a little request for help with the Slow stick with a New Thread (This gets new attention) and post a link to it from here (this gets old Attention) and then go through the suggestions on what could be Done.

May I ask the New Poster if he could help us (just like everyone else, Bob ;) ) and get some useful Suggestions on how to get it to fly more realistically.

Remember that there are Individual Variations that make the plane different from every users personal setup.

IE. Radio setup is a Personal choice and Commonly changed to suit
Along with that goes Control throws.
And lastly would be CoG
there are individual upgrades that some users perform after.
things like Motor and Battery. (Not much on a Slow stick, compared to a Heli For example)

So changes would be Different from these. unless the above do not suit stock feel. IE Off the shelf.

Looks good by the way. and it has already been well received :cool: . Check out the hits on this Thread. 1000+ at this time.

NE way. Major or Slight changes can be done in G3's Aircraft Editor.

Last edited:
fsda said:
ey dude, be polite, dont be like Mr "FLIES LIKE DOO DOO"

no one likes that here, if you can politely comment the makers so he can improve the models, i susgest you do so, but if you can't i don't think this forum is ready for that kind of attitude.

same goes to you again Mr. Baker
putdowns and burns are forbiddon in this forum unless we all agreed on it

If by New Poster, you are referring to me, then yes, I can give more specific feedback.

Step 1: go out and fly a slow stick
:rolleyes:

ok, ok, Unless you're able to go out and fly one, I'll try to describe the differences here. Mainly I think it flies too much like the sail planes where rudder does more banking that actually turning the plane. Slow Sticks are not this way - try to make it so the rudder banks it faster and actually turns it a slight bit (first part might just be in the surface throw). If someone can word this better, I haven't flown mine in a couple of weeks.

Also the wing loading is too high. Even with a heavy 15oz setup you can slow it down to a crawl. I think the real thing is a bit more stable in high alpha flight. This might be the outer trailing edge flexing upward, but I don't think that'll be easy to recreate. I don't even know what that kind of wing shaping is called.

Thats all I can remember from my test drive last night, maybe a few other SS pilots can chime in :cool:

late,
Eric

Kibble Fat said:
If by New Poster, you are referring to me, then yes, I can give more specific feedback.

Step 1: go out and fly a slow stick
:rolleyes:

ok, ok, Unless you're able to go out and fly one, I'll try to describe the differences here. Mainly I think it flies too much like the sail planes where rudder does more banking that actually turning the plane. Slow Sticks are not this way - try to make it so the rudder banks it faster and actually turns it a slight bit (first part might just be in the surface throw). If someone can word this better, I haven't flown mine in a couple of weeks.

Also the wing loading is too high. Even with a heavy 15oz setup you can slow it down to a crawl. I think the real thing is a bit more stable in high alpha flight. This might be the outer trailing edge flexing upward, but I don't think that'll be easy to recreate. I don't even know what that kind of wing shaping is called.

Thats all I can remember from my test drive last night, maybe a few other SS pilots can chime in :cool:

late,
Eric

Well that's a bit better.

The modeled plane uses elevon mixing.

Are you comparing it to a standard elevator/rudder combination?

If so there will be a world of difference, but the G3 plane is not incorrect for elevons.

Re: Wing loading

Have you updated your G3 as per the directions, in other words you didn't by chance use the large downloadable single file updates?

On my machine I can indeed "slow it down to a crawl".

It continues to fly down to 8 MPH which is pretty accurate for this plane.

why elevon mixing

This flies like a rock compared to my real slow stick. The real thing also does not slip into turns like its in a toilet bowl. I can make 4 ft radius turns with my real one, no prob, slow too, not banked heavily at all. This model may need more dihedral?

I wouldn't the real thing is self-righting, but it definitely doesn't stall out this much. Slow Sticks have no tendency to flip upside-down while in any turn. You may consider adding gyros, but thats just dirty. Btw my updates are working fine, this model flies way too heavy.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, it just doesn't fly like a slow stick <3 :p

Last edited:
also, I can't turn this thing. Slow sticks feel very neutral in turns, almost set it and forget it kinda, no matter what radius.

Back