So I purchased the new Evolution on Steam. I had the 9.5s which works properly. The Evo is not recognizing the Interlink DX Help the 9.5 is OK

Really would like a drop down menu. I see it start to load as teh game loads but it isn't on the screen when the game finishes loading the Esc key does bring up a side bar but doesn't seem to have all of the things on the normal drop down. Anyone figure out how to get it back? Would like to use it to change some settings.
Mine does the same thing, the drop down menu starts to load then disappears. Its a really useful feature, hope there is a way to bring it back.

I posted a separate thread exploring the new filtering system in Evolution. I highly recommend you check that out.

When you're so accustomed to a certain way of doing things, it takes some time to come to grips with a brand new design. What are some things you are trying to do that I could help you find?

@sadatoni, It is true that the old MRU doesn't have an exact analogue in the new menu. I suggest using the Most Recently Used filter in either the new UI or the old Quick Select dialog.
@Ryan Douglas while it is true that change is sometimes difficult, change to something that takes longer to navigate (more key strokes, clicks) and is less intuitive at a glance is not a positive change for those of us that prefer to use the keyboard and mouse.

Please consider making the old/new menu navigation a user choice. Forcing everyone to use the 'controller friendly' navigation approach is not a user friendly design choice.

Did the team do a (heaven forbid) focus group review of the menu navigation choices, or did the team just decide everyone wants to navigate using the controller?

I can't get the esc key to bring up the menu at all. Why, oh why, did they do away with the menu. NO popup menu on the side of the screen either. At least I still have 9.5s that I can still fly with.

I can't get the esc key to bring up the menu at all. Why, oh why, did they do away with the menu. NO popup menu on the side of the screen either. At least I still have 9.5s that I can still fly with.
Are you saying the software starts up but is then unresponsive? As in, it doesn't respond to controller inputs or keyboard/mouse inputs--you just see the airplane on the runway and no user interface of any kind? Or are your symptoms different?

Please follow the directions in this post and send me your DxDiag output.

Back