So what's up?

I was joking Mikey. I need the controller version as mine is smoked. If I jump back in I will need some specifics from you about the F-16

Ah I see. Well if you do go forward with getting it, I will be more than happy to pay for an F-16.

So i'm looking around to find some information on the differences in the design process since I've designed last. That being since version 6.5
If anyone is willing to answer a few questions continue the conversation. Thanks

What's up ol' buddy? I get on here for the first time in a while and see this. Kind of miss trying to figure out how you used to get so much detail in with such a small poly limit. Would love to see what you could do with what's available now.

What's up ol' buddy? I get on here for the first time in a while and see this. Kind of miss trying to figure out how you used to get so much detail in with such a small poly limit. Would love to see what you could do with what's available now.
ANDYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...!!!!, What`s up man, how ya doing ..?? HA, ya know, when Boof chimed in, I about fell out of my chair, and now, Holy Crap, I just about fell out of my chair again, when you chimed in..!!:eek::eek: Really nice to hear from you again. Would love to see what Boof could do with new new poly limit as well, AND, you as well for that matter, hint, hint... ;);), I havn`t done a CS in yrs., BUT, there`s a piper in the works from Technoid, that should be released soon, and I`m seriously considering doing a CS for that..:D:D... Anyway, good to hear from you, and, I hope Boof chimes in and says Hi to you,

Ha ha!! UT, I wish I had the time I once had to model again. I have been tinkering in Max some lately, but it has been designing some projects in doing here at home. Who knows though, I might try and whip something out before long.

Ha ha!! UT, I wish I had the time I once had to model again. I have been tinkering in Max some lately, but it has been designing some projects in doing here at home. Who knows though, I might try and whip something out before long.
Well, I can tell you, that, IF, you came back and did just one model, it probably would give these forums a HUGE, and much needed shot in the arm, NOW, if, you AND Boof, came back back at close to the same time, that would be even Bigger... Ya know, I think you were the first to call me "UT", I`m embarrassed to admit it, BUT when I got the reply from you using "UT", I thought, well hell, who`s he`s answering..??, It`s plain too see he`s (you) answering somebody, who the heck is it..???, a few minutes go buy, AND THEN, the light went on, I figured it out, It was ME... DUH..!!! if there was such a Homer Simpson moment for me, that was it..:confused::confused::eek::eek: (see pic..;):D). needless to say, I gave myself a Jethro Gibbs slap in the head,, and replied back...;):D:D

Attachments

• ScreenShot095.jpg
    ScreenShot095.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm just posting an airplane I would like to see modeled if anyone is interested and can get enough info. Donamy has expressed interest, but drawings and dimensions are lacking. The aircraft is no longer manufactured.

It was used extensively by an Argentina team …

I had RC plans made from info provided by the manufacture, but the info doesn't seem to be available now. Might be on an old laptop, but can I find it???
Modeled at 180 inches would be almost 3/4 scale.

Pictures below …………….

----------------------- Some Info ---------------------------

"The Rans S-9 Chaos is an American single-engined, tractor configuration, single-seat, mid-wing monoplane designed by Randy Schlitter for aerobatics and manufactured by Rans Inc. The Chaos is available in kit form for amateur construction"

The Chaos was single seat
The Sakota model was two seat side by side.

SPECIFICATIONS 65 HP 80HP/100HP
Wing Span ............................. ................................... 22.0 ft ....................................... 22.0 ft
Area ....................................... ................................... 91.5 sq ft ............................. 91.5 sq ft
Mean Chord ........................... ................................... 4 ft 2 in ................................... 4 ft 2 in
Aspect .................................... ................................... 5.3:1 ........................................... 5.3:1
Length .................................... ................................... 15 ft 8 in ............................... 15 ft 8 in
Height .................................... ................................... 4 ft 10 in ............................... 4 ft 10 in
Cockpit Width ......................... ................................... 26 in ........................................... 26 in
Headroom .............................. ................................... 38 in ........................................... 38 in
Legroom................................. ................................... 45.5 in ..................................... 45.5 in
Number of Seats .................... ................................... 1....................................................... 1
Doors ..................................... ................................... 1....................................................... 1
Landing Gear* ........................ ................................... F/TD ........................................... F/TD
Fuel Capacity** ...................... 9 or 18 gal US
POWER PLANT 582 912ULS
Engine ................................... ................................... Rotax 582 ................... Rotax 912ULS
Output .................................... ................................... 65 hp ....................................... 100 hp
Oil Capacity ........................... ................................... 2.5 .............................................. 3 qts
Coolant Capacity .................... ................................... 4.4 qts ..................................... 4.4 qts
Propeller Diameter ................. ................................... 68 to 70 in ......................... 68 to 70 in
Propeller Type ***
Gear Reduction ...................... ................................... 1:2.58 ....................................... 1:2.43
Fuel G.P.H @ 75%................. ................................... 5.75 ............................................... 5.0
PERFORMANCE
Take Off Roll .......................... ................................... 200 ............................................ 250 ft
Rate of Climb ......................... ................................... 1000 fpm ............................. 1100 fpm
Service Ceiling ....................... ................................... 15,000 ft ................................ 16000 ft
Cruise .................................... ................................... 100 mph ............................... 120 mph
VNE ....................................... ................................... 130 mph ............................... 130 mph
Stall Clean ............................. ................................... 41 mph ................................... 43 mph
Roll Rate ................................ ................................... 100o / sec ........................... 100o / sec
Glide Ratio ............................. ................................... 8:1 ................................................. 8:1
Landing Roll ........................... ................................... 400 ft ......................................... 400 ft
Endurance** .......................... ................................... 1.56 hrs ................................... 1.8 hrs
Range** ................................. ................................... 156 miles ............................ 216 miles
WEIGHTS AND LOADINGS
Gross Weight ......................... ................................... 710 lbs ................................... 810 lbs
Empty Weight......................... ................................... 375 lbs ................................... 475 lbs
Useful Load ............................ ................................... 335 lbs ................................... 335 lbs
Wing Loading ......................... ................................... 7.76 lbs ................................. 8.85 lbs
Power Loading ....................... ................................... 11.0lbs .................................... 8.1 lbs
Limit Load Factors.................. ................................... +6-4 ............................................ +6-4
*F/TD=Fixed Taildragger
**Double the Range with a second optional wing tank.
***Refer to propeller options
Performance at sea level and maximum gross weight.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/...1/6e941e_7c1dac370e3443b8bf2337db923805aa.png

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...fNE8VN-7yuEdtJEvKiLSLz9dVRKR0RgjAsvWIwSfciDbg

Last edited:
Hey Andy,
I still see you on the FB here and there.
I bought the new version and am going to try to do one up in the limited time I have these days. No need in trying to figure my poly economy out with the new poly limit. (so roooomy). Although I will probably still be economical. (old habits) I would really like to do a heavily detailed cockpit and spend some real time with the CS.

Don’t know that he posts much anymore but we talk offline quite a bit. He’s still in it and actually uses it to make some real world models with pretty good results.

Fly_Electric is working on the Flying sub from "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea". He posts his progress occasionally. A lot of detail.

Back