Special RealFlight 6 pricing for recent G5.5 buyers

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
The RealFlight 6 upgrade is already attractively priced at $50. For users who purchased G5.5 recently, however, Great Planes is offering some great upgrade deals! You even have the option of whether or not to upgrade to the new InterLink Elite with modified switch/knob layout and ratchetless throttle stick.

Visit the official RealFlight 6 upgrade page and jump to the bottom where it says "Have you purchased RealFlight G5.5 since August 1, 2011?" for all the info.

Be sure to read the fine print so you don't miss out inadvertently. The two forms have different cutoff dates and requirements.

It's hard for us to speak with certainty on this until it gets even closer, so this is not a guarantee, but there's a good chance RF6 will be in some customers' hands by the end of next week (10/28).

Does this only apply to people who bought the full G5.5 package with controller or does it also apply to people who recently bought the 5.5 upgrade? It's not clear on the forms.

i bought g5 and then it automaticly updated to g5.5, will it update to g6 aswell, or do i have to go and buy it, and on that note, do i have to use the new controller?

Question

I have a neewbie question! I have 5.5 with the Interlink Elite controller. If I buy the upgrade to 6.0 and the extra helicopter package, will it over write my current models? I have downloaded plenty of the swap page models and don't want to lose them. How does that all work with the upgrade? I also saw that a helicopter on 5.5 had to be removed due to license issues. Will the upgrade to 6.0 remove it from my library becasue of this issue?

Thanks,

Chris

They are separate software packages.
To date all versions have co-existed in the same machine without issues.

RF6 will not interfere with or affect your G5.5 installation at all. Both programs will be installed, unless you uninstall G5.5. If you want to have the same swap page content available in RF6, you'll have to import it into RF6. In the past, KE has released a tool to automatically do that for you. You'll also be able to batch import all files at once.

The heli that KE lost the licensing for will still be in your G5.5 installation. It will not be in your RF6 installation.

Does anyone know the answer to my question.
Does this only apply to people who bought the full G5.5 package with controller or does it also apply to people who recently bought the 5.5 upgrade? It's not clear on the forms.

I'm still on G3.5 so I have to buy the G5.5 upgrade anyway I think. So when G6 is officially out, and G5.5 is discontinued, how would G3.5 users upgrade? By buying a full package and overpaying for a cheap plastic controller?

I guess you could say I overpaid for 3 cheap plastic controllers (G2, G3, G4). Great Planes will address your concerns in the near future, according to jbourke.

mikedoo3 said:
So when G6 is officially out, and G5.5 is discontinued, how would G3.5 users upgrade? By buying a full package and overpaying for a cheap plastic controller?

Did you buy a controller with no software?

Methinks not.

You paid for the software not the controller.

G3.5>G5.5>G6= YES

Hi, First post here. :) FYI, I bought G5.5 Upgrade (For my G3.5) mid Oct. with the intent to upgrade again to G6 asap. Called GP Software support Team today and a man named Gordon there assured me I could indeed use the G6 Upgrade offers posted on the GP RFG6 Upgrade Web page. (See criteria needed) Option A or Option B. I asked if they would accept my old G3 controller (2005) and was assured that they would upgrade it to the new heli style Elite controller for $30 more (Option B). I think this is outstanding on there part and keeps us Real Flight people happy! :D I couldn't afford another $200 in today's economy. Hope this answer some questions. Nice Forum, Good Info. sjg56k

So no love for the UK users??

Iv'e noticed that UK users, like myself, who also purchased since Aug 1st 2011 are not eligible for the same upgrade offer?? :mad:

Those offers are available directly from Great Planes, but Great Planes is not the distributor in your country.

I can certainly understand your frustration. I'm not aware of what offers are available in your area. I suggest contacting your local dealer or distributor to inquire.

Please note that the price of the upgrade has been reduced for this version, which hopefully helps.

Kinda wondering about the upgrade path if I bought full-up-with-controller RF5.5 last year.

I don't see any "RF upgrade for those who bought before August 2011" product.

jfruser said:
Kinda wondering about the upgrade path if I bought full-up-with-controller RF5.5 last year.

I don't see any "RF upgrade for those who bought before August 2011" product.
The RF6 software only is what anyone who has G3, G4, or G5 would buy. You use your same Interlink. The price is around $50.

Back