Still hoping to find a proper T-28 model ...

DDawg

I mean the one that I found isn't that great ... its a start in the right direction, but it needs help ... Would love to see one modeled in the e-flite Carbon Z size, or the 1400mm FMS class T-28 w/USAF silver "Huff n Puff" paint scheme ...

This would be a great edition to Real Flight 8, especially how popular the T-28 has became. Plus its a great flyer.

this is not perfect but will have to do , i used brentg's T-28-2 G4.5 version and did up a quick AV close size power physics to the E-Flite Carbon ZT-28 change what you want to make it fly as you think it should

Attachments

• E-Flite Carbon Z T-28-2_AV.RFX
    53.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
this is not perfect but will have to do , i used brentg's T-28 G4.5 version and did up a quick AV close size power physics to the E-Flite Carbon ZT-28 change what you want to make it fly as you think it should
Thanks, that's a sweet flying little plane! I just did about 50 touch and go's with it. Fun.

this is not perfect but will have to do , i used brentg's T-28 G4.5 version and did up a quick AV close size power physics to the E-Flite Carbon ZT-28 change what you want to make it fly as you think it should

Thank you for taking the time for doing this ...

Now if I can find someone who can do skins and photofields ...

I use to be able to do some things ... but got old and stupid it seems ... :eek:

I use to be able to do some things ... but got old and stupid it seems ... :eek:

no problem DDawg , getting old is what it is haha ask me how i know

Post some pics of a scheme you'd like and I'll consider doing one. No promises though.

I mean the one that I found isn't that great ... its a start in the right direction, but it needs help ... Would love to see one modeled in the e-flite Carbon Z size, or the 1400mm FMS class T-28 w/USAF silver "Huff n Puff" paint scheme ...

This would be a great edition to Real Flight 8, especially how popular the T-28 has became. Plus its a great flyer.

As a modeler that's been thinking about doing the T-28 what would it need to be to be a proper T-28? I do giant scale so a 96 in. wingspan but I'm the 'bad' guy that really dislikes dihedral so it would most likely be modeled without it. I like flying RC and dihedral, even though the full size plane has it really ruins the RC flying experience to me (you don't need to agree with that of course). But if I modeled one it would most likely not have any dihedral so it might not be something your interested in. To give you an example of what I'm talking about here's a picture of what I'm just finishing up, a 102 in. wingspan original design of mine in part inspired by the Hawker Sea Fury, but only in-part because as you can see there's parts of that plane there but it's still very different. So let me know your honest opinion, if you're not interested in a plane I'm talking about that's fine.

Oh.. it would be the Huff n Puff scheme 96 inch wingspan with the 7 cylinder radial I modeled and the new Moki 180 radial sound from RF-8.

Attachments

• Radial Fury 07.jpg
    Radial Fury 07.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 12
Dihedral can be added in the editor even if the plane is not modeled that way if he wants. It sounds like a plan. :)

Dihedral can be added in the editor even if the plane is not modeled that way if he wants. It sounds like a plan. :)
...or removed!
Personally, I prefer to see the dihedral when it's an obvious characteristic of the full scale plane. There's no question that it's a distinctive feature. If everyone (who doesn't want to do battle with flying it inverted) can edit it out of flight physics, leave it in visually! It's not a pattern plane.

If the consensus is.. 'we don't want one without dihedral' then I won't do it. But as the guy spending the time creating the model I need to be able to model the plane the way I want. So I'll leave it up to you guys to vote. The vote is simple if you don't want it 'without 'dihedral' just say so and I'll take the count as 'do it or not'. I already have one vote to NOT do it without dihedral so we'll go from there.

Oh.. I do understand it's a visual feature associated with that plane.. so vote NO it won't hurt my feelings. But I just really dislike dihedral, a personal thing a plane fly's terrible with it, it just kind of wallows in the sky to me.

Last edited:
Dihedral is a must on a T-28. T-28 is a trainer not a sport plane. While it is possible add dihedral after it is built, the landing gear length won't be right.

I would be happy to help make the wings have "options". Want dihedral change engine show.

Okay guys thanks I can see where this is going and I understand you wanting a plane that looks exactly right, so I'll just leave it alone I don't do dihedral.

Evidently the term 'semi-scale' lost it's meaning.

Yeah .. it's an aircraft modeled after the real thing .. Kinda like comparing a Nascar car to the original it mimics. If I want to fly a real plane I'll load up Flight Simulator X.

Last edited:
Back