SU-27 UB on the Swap Pages ..........

arb6591

Hi everybody,

I just posted SU-27 UB on the Swap Pages.

If you would like to share your comments, please read the description that came with the model and post your comments in this thread.

You are welcome to make AVs and CSs at will but please do not post new EA plane :cool:

The physics model is made to balance between the R/C model of this size and real life counterpart.

I would like to thank Doug and Frank for final editing input. :D

Enjoy.

Andrzej

Last edited:
Hey Andrezj,

Just downloaded and gave it a quick flight before hitting the rack. Very nice job. Like the model detail and it flys very smooth -- no nasty surprises. My aging eyes appreciate the larger models.

If anyone's having trouble with it... they need to be sure to update to the latest version.

Thanks for posting it on the swaps.

v/r, Dave

Just took her for test drive. Awesome work man!! That air brake almost works to good. You gotta keap a little power on when landing or she will stall and do a belly flop. :D

dstreet,
Very nice job. Like the model detail and it flys very smooth -- no nasty surprises. My aging eyes appreciate the larger models.
Thanks, it flies very smooth partially because it's size, it's 30% :)
I like them bigger too.

pixelfreak,
Thanks, I like your avatar.
Did you make yourself? I am asking because your screen name kind of points in this direction, just curious.... nice alien.

josh0987,
seems like the SU 27 got a 1 rating as well....
That's normal :D ... as long as KE keeps the voting system anonymous

rcplanefubar,
Awesome work man!! That air brake almost works to good. You gotta keap a little power on when landing or she will stall and do a belly flop.
Thanks and I agree on the air brake, I love these high alpha landings .... :D

Andrzej

I just checked the votes on SU-27g ....
I got two 1s already ...... :D :D

I love it, jealousy comes in different colors :)

Andrzej

arb6591 said:
I just checked the votes on SU-27g ....
I got two 1s already ...... :D :D

I love it, jealousy comes in different colors :)

Andrzej

jealousy indeed! none of my models have gotton 2 1's, this must be one hell of a plane!
time to go get one!
great job man, top notch.
thank you
crashed

crashed again,
jealousy indeed! none of my models have gotton 2 1's, this must be one hell of a plane!
time to go get one!
great job man, top notch.
thank you
crashed

Thanks, rating... not a big deal, comments say it all :D

I have seen some of your designs .... very nice job, are you using 3DSMAX?

Andrzej

arb6591 said:
crashed again,

Thanks, rating... not a big deal, comments say it all :D

I have seen some of your designs .... very nice job, are you using 3DSMAX?

Andrzej

i agree with your assesment of the ratings.
models are created in wings 3d and painted in the gimp.
then imported through max to make ready for the sim.

Lucky you :D ( using 3DSMAX )
I use gimp for painting also.

Believe it or not if I used max instead of DE, the whole process would take
much less time.
Every time I wanted to see the change I made to the 3D model, I had to take the sames steps literally hundreds of times ... export models as an .x file thru Middleman program, open it in DE, assign materials and hierarchy , save as .3ds file, run kex converter from DOS screen and finally import .kex file to simulator ...... and over again :D ....
I was really inspired but maxkop tutorial where maxkop shows the way of making it all happen without $6000+ software.
I was lucky to get DE for $150 just before they discontinued selling it at that price :)

Despite everything I said above I might start thinking about new design .......... :cool:

Andrzej

Andrzej,

Once again a fantastic job.

On a side note about the 1 ratings. In all probability they are from the same person, who gave you the second because you were laughing at him about the first one. He can't seem to figure out that he's not worth worrying about. In fact I was entertaining myself by coming up with various rationals for why he gives out these ratings. Here's one of my favorites:

#1's Interlink is broken, so he rates any aircraft that requires more than one stick to fly with a 1. :rolleyes:

Doug

Andrzej,

Once again a fantastic job.

On a side note about the 1 ratings. In all probability they are from the same person, who gave you the second because you were laughing at him about the first one. He can't seem to figure out that he's not worth worrying about. In fact I was entertaining myself by coming up with various rationals for why he gives out these ratings. Here's one of my favorites:

#1's Interlink is broken, so he rates any aircraft that requires more than one stick to fly with a 1.

Doug

Thank you Doug,

Does it mean that if I laugh at him more I can get more 1 ratings?

OK, :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I like #1 explanation :)

#2 He does not understand what 1 means, maybe for him 1 means number one = the best LOL,LOL

I would like to see more humorous explanations on Rate-Them-All-1 master .
I wonder what other guys can come up with....

Thanks again .... and I have to repeat it, if not your extensive help and patience while I was struggling with F-20 design problems and learning things, SU-27 would never happen .........

Andrzej

arb6591 said:
Does it mean that if I laugh at him more I can get more 1 ratings?
I don't know about that, there may be some limit. After all it takes time to create new user accounts, when you only have one hand to type with...

Here's another:

#1's flying skills are extremely limited, so he rates anything he crashes out of the box with a 1.

So, maybe we should all focus on modeling hot air balloons...

And another:

#1 has a very low-end PC, that he stole from Wal-Mart, and any model with a poly count greater than 4000 or a texture map bigger than 512x512 stutters and jerks. So he gives it a 1.

And yet another:

#1 flunked out of kindergarten and can't count past 1.

After this free flow of creativity, I expect to see five 1s on all of my aircraft. #1 don't fail me.

I like that one :D ....flunked out of kindergarten :D :D :D
I would say he does not qualify to be in the kindergarten at all, too hight level for him ..LOL
Do they have special kindergartens around here? ... I am just from different country,I am not ignorant ...

I am sure they will be more explanations later on.
It diverts the context of the thread but as it's all about fun ... so let's have fun :)

Andrzej

Yeah, it's all about fun. But let's keep it clean fun.

Maybe we should have another contest to see who could annoy him the most and collect the largest number of 1s? Kind of like a badge of honor.

Back