SU-27 UB on the Swap Pages ..........

Yeah, it's all about fun. But let's keep it clean fun.

Maybe we should have another contest to see who could annoy him the most and collect the largest number of 1s? Kind of like a badge of honor.

100% agreed, we need to keep it nice but if we are going to have a contest on the most annoying plane .... count me in :D That would be interesting to come up with something totally opposite to nice looking, nice flying plane .... I am going to start thinking about that.

What do you guys think ? pplace?

Andrzej

Well i looked and now hes got 2 ones. Maybe its that xptical guy. He got banned yesterday and I'm sure hes created another account already.

Well i looked and now hes got 2 ones. Maybe its that xptical guy. He got banned yesterday and I'm sure hes created another account already.

BigGuyJT,
It does not bother me at all, it's not the first and not the last time ... I know what is the model worth and so others ... :)

Andrzej

I was going to give it a crap rating until I caught the comment about making sure that you were updated to the latest version. The plane flew like crap until I did, but once I did, I was as impressed with the flying as I was with the fine modelling job. Having had my hands on a SU-27, it has become one of my favorite jet fighters and the model does it justice.

I will buck the trend a little in that I don't like them so big. I bought the sim to be a sim, not a game. Since I doubt I'll ever be able to build a 30% scale SU-27, the model doesn't come out being all that useful to me. In that regard I find a lot of frustration with the models I can download, and wish that I had the talent to contribute models of a more practical size.

That doesn't effect the rating I give this model though. It's a fine model and I'm rating it as such.

I was going to give it a crap rating until I caught the comment about making sure that you were updated to the latest version. The plane flew like crap until I did, but once I did, I was as impressed with the flying as I was with the fine modelling job. Having had my hands on a SU-27, it has become one of my favorite jet fighters and the model does it justice.
Thank you for mentioning it .
I just added a note at the beginning of the description about above problem.
I have experienced the same problem on my friend's computer with older version of G3.5

I will buck the trend a little in that I don't like them so big. I bought the sim to be a sim, not a game. Since I doubt I'll ever be able to build a 30% scale SU-27, the model doesn't come out being all that useful to me. In that regard I find a lot of frustration with the models I can download, and wish that I had the talent to contribute models of a more practical size.
I understand, we have all different preferences but you could scale it down if you wanted to using Model Editor.

That doesn't effect the rating I give this model though. It's a fine model and I'm rating it as such.
Thank you :)

Beautiful model Andrzej,
Flies as good as it looks too.
Even more stunning that it was done in gmax, and imported via DOS based converter. You've used your tools very well, certainly should be inspiration for those holding out on creating their own content.

Cheers,
Frank...

Ensure your G3.5 is updated...!!!

twahl makes a good point... As I also discovered with a couple of dhk79's planes several months ago.

It had been a while, when I got back into flying and I downloaded a couple of his planes -- and they flew badly (but had 10s). So, I figured, it must be with my setup. After updating to the latest version, they all flew GREAT.

So, we need to put more emphasis on: "latest version", system specs, etc. -- as most probably don't think about it and just blame it on bad design.

Also, (like some else mentioned)... In some societies #1 is good and #10 is bad... maybe the 1-voters just can't READ THE INSTRUCTIONS --- or it could be something else :rolleyes: .

In any case, glad you're not offended by the occational (stupid) voters. Keep 'em coming --- you'll get 10s from me -- unless, of course, you want to get a bunch of 1s ;) -- just for fun.

v/r, Dave

dhk79 said:
Yeah, it's all about fun. But let's keep it clean fun.

Maybe we should have another contest to see who could annoy him the most and collect the largest number of 1s? Kind of like a badge of honor.
Oh no thats not even fair man you just took a huge head start. :D

For a little more challenge with this model, knock the wings off. It actually flies pretty well with no wings, although it takes a bit of luck to knock them off without trashing the airframe. It'll take off, land, do just about anything...

For a little more challenge with this model, knock the wings off. It actually flies pretty well with no wings, although it takes a bit of luck to knock them off without trashing the airframe. It'll take off, land, do just about anything...

I actually experienced it too when I was testing my collisionn meshes and it is no surprise , it has large fuselage area and working elevons :D so ... it keeps flying.
I prefer it with the wings on though .... :)

Andrzej

Phrank wrote :
Even more stunning that it was done in gmax, and imported via DOS based converter. You've used your tools very well, certainly should be inspiration for those holding out on creating their own content.

I would be happy to hear that SU-27 inspired some new modelers :)

Andrzej

Dstreet wrote:
So, we need to put more emphasis on: "latest version", system specs, etc. -- as most probably don't think about it and just blame it on bad design.
Dave,
Correct, that's why I added the note in the Description about upgrading to the latest vesion to avoid problems.
Also, (like some else mentioned)... In some societies #1 is good and #10 is bad... maybe the 1-voters just can't READ THE INSTRUCTIONS --- or it could be something else .
I also suggested that posibility earlier :)
In any case, glad you're not offended by the occational (stupid) voters. Keep 'em coming --- you'll get 10s from me -- unless, of course, you want to get a bunch of 1s -- just for fun.
That's definitely true, no offense and Yes, create 20 accounts and give me 20 1's :D :D :D
Thanks for sharing comments .
Andrzej

twahl,
Why didn't you send me these pictures couple months ago? :D

Just kidding .... nice pictures.

Andrzej the great!

I just wanted to say this is one of my favorite planes. Even considering the Russians don't have as much money to invest on such projects as US does, they do come out with pretty damn good designs. That's for sure.

Also, imagine the complexity of the control systems for such a plane. After all, one of the main reasons for this plane being able to pull maneuvers such as the Pugachev's Cobra is attributed to the inherent instability of the design. Of course, the control systems do a number on the "instability", since these very systems allow for a smooth and expected response from the fighter.

In any case, after going on an on about the real thing, we must admit that ARB has done a fabulous job with the modeling, which is supplemented beautifully by the amazing Russian Knights texture, and a flight model that truly keeps as close to the real deal as possible. I can't stop throttling it up for a fast fly-by, only to cut the engines and do another approach flying with air-brakes on and an immensely high AOA. This is an incredibly fun aircraft to fly. Definitely one of the best additions to my collection!

Thank you for this great plane ARB!!!! I gave it a 10!!!

Thank you for the kind words vikbergg.
I am sure every designer likes to hear their time and effort
was noticed :)
I wish I had more patience to tweak the physics so Su-27 can perform the Pugachev's cobra maneuver ...
Spending many hours on the design and mapping with DOS based converter and hundreds of identical steps made over and over I just wanted to finish the whole project ... :D
I am sure there will be some AVs coming up so we can perform great cobras ...

Andrzej

Back