SU-27 UB on the Swap Pages ..........

Deserves 10, even without the cobra

arb6591 said:
I wish I had more patience to tweak the physics so Su-27 can perform the Pugachev's cobra maneuver ...
I am sure there will be some AVs coming up so we can perform great cobras ...
Andrzej
Funny, because that's the FIRST maneuver I attempted with this really super model. Couldn't get 'er done, though!
By the way, instead of giving you a ten (10) on this one, I decided to stuff the ballot boxes, so I gave you ten ones (1s). That make sense? (Hope you understand I'm just kidding? :p )
Someone out there in this forum thinks that way, huh? What a jerk!
I think your work is great, and appreciate each and every upload coming from your direction.
Thanks, Andrzej

Bob
aka

Bob wrote:
Funny, because that's the FIRST maneuver I attempted with this really super model. Couldn't get 'er done, though!
Yes, but be patient, we still have AVs coming, it will do a beautiful cobra, it is just the matter of time fine tuning the physics model......

By the way, instead of giving you a ten (10) on this one, I decided to stuff the ballot boxes, so I gave you ten ones (1s). That make sense?
Yes, that's what I was thinking when I got these two 1's .... you know math is tough for some people ... :D :D :D
Honestly , what I see is a " If I can not make one, I will destroy the ones other have" kind of attitude ... :cool:

I think your work is great, and appreciate each and every upload coming from your direction.
Thank you Bob, makes me feel that the time I spent on design was not a waste. :)

Andrzej

Wow!

I am stoked by your SU-27, what a great EA! I enjoy flying it and look forward to your future AVs! I also am a fan of your F-20! What I also really like about the SU-27, is that you made it big scale like alot of the custom jets showing up in europe! Keep setting the bar!! :)

ven2s

ven2s wrote:
I am stoked by your SU-27, what a great EA! I enjoy flying it and look forward to your future AVs! I also am a fan of your F-20! What I also really like about the SU-27, is that you made it big scale like alot of the custom jets showing up in europe! Keep setting the bar!!

Thank you, I am glad you like it.
A little bit on the scale I have chosen ..... I have read in Forums that if you scale plane more than 1.5 it is not realistic anymore ( we know that because someone said you can not scale air .. :D )
I have never run on what happens when you scale plane down.
At 30% SU-27 has a wing span of 168" ... I haven't heard of anybody building model THAT big so far ...
But when you scale it down 50% you will get the wing span of 84" which is a reasonable size.
This way I could make both "schools" happy, guys who like bigger planes just for plain fun ( I do practice with the real life models on the simulator, for example GP Yak 54 which is the size I have) and guys who want to stick strictly to scale model in real life.
Of course everything is just a matter personal preference and you can not make everybody happy :rolleyes:

Cheers

Andrzej

hello,

just wanted to say that the plane is great i like it and since im not posting a lot at all it a good chance to start, btw i do read a lot of post and i wish to thank Doug myself also for helping me few times i needed .

great model man

Hooah

just wanted to say that the plane is great i like it and since im not posting a lot at all it a good chance to start, btw i do read a lot of post and i wish to thank Doug myself also for helping me few times i needed .

Thank you. Doug always offers his help to others, when I was learning how to create a model, I was amazed by how much time and effort he was willing to devote ....
There were many times I got "stuck" and every time he was there to keep me going..
I will never be able to pay the debt :)
Andrzej

When I download the SU 27 it just freezes at 80% and the download speed says unknown, any help?

I am using Mozilla Firefox.

Josh,

This is computer related problem and unfortunately I do not know how to solve it.
Why don't you post your problem in Help Forum?
I am sure the will be able to help you. :)

Andrzej

For some reason this plane doesn't seem to fly good for me. Heres the recording. I only used a small amount of elevator to get it of the ground. It's a great looking airplane though.
Thanks
Caleb

Attachments

• _SU-27g_1.recording
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
CElkins said:
For some reason this plane doesn't seem to fly good for me. Heres the recording. I only used a small amount of elevator to get it of the ground. It's a great looking airplane though.
Thanks
Caleb

Looks like the same RealFlight version issue that I experienced. Update your RealFlight from the startup screen at Additional Options and it should clear up.
:)

CElkins wrote:
Thanks
Caleb

I am positive that you have the version issue twahl mentioned below.
I was trying to show it to friend at work and it was almost impossible to keep the plane level.
Please upgrade and let us know if it solved the problem.
At the very first I thought it was an controller problem since my friend's controller had broken spring on the "elevator" stick but then I switched to mine and the plane flew the same way .....

Andrzej

I like the way it maneuvers and the color scheme is awesome. Thanks for this plane arb6591.

Back