swap files problems

master22

I tried to download the DeLorean car from the movie back to The Future, and i'm having some problems.

whoever uploaded that car forgot to include the motor, So i get a message that says "unable to find this engine, a default will be used"

strange...

The engine is probably from a Exp Pack you don't have or it was downloaded incorrectly?

Its not that he forgot the motor,
more than likely you don't have the correct or same version of RF that he exported it from

which version are you using ?.......I'm betting its 4.0

He would've downloaded it correctly. The question is, did he install it correctly? I'm going with the Expansion Pack theory, though.

If it is that
I don't think its a good idea to edit physics for EAs with Exp. pack engines or motors
or at least post some specs in the description , so others who dont have it can at least edit their own
there are far more folks who don't have all of the EX Packs than do....................Just MO

Looks like the same problem as Props Maj. How cane anyone know what EP an engine came from?

true that...

I know..you can't
because it only lists the EX.Pack in the "Requires" if its a stock EA or field
not just a component from one

Last edited:
Yes. There is no way to determine where a particular engine came from. In my opinion, if You download a free model that I made, and you can't use it because you don't have a particular Expansion Pack, well that's your loss, not mine. I'm not going to limit what I do based on what RF products others may or may not have.

I dont get it! i import as few new aircraft and they wont fly because i dont have the right motor!

how do other people get the motors but not me?

I would say your importing wrong. How do you explain you being the only one with a problem with the fireboss.

Attachments

• importproblem.jpg
    importproblem.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 21
The fireboss has an engine I edited and renamed AT-802a. It was copied from the JetCat SPH5. I don't know if it's standard or from an EP, but it should've followed the import just fine.

Boof69 said:
I would say your importing wrong.
I second that. Go to the file's page by clicking the link. Do noit use the green download arrow. Follow the instructions found on evey file's page. Hint: yellow question mark.

Back