Swing and a miss!

0xdeadbeef said:
For sure most newbies won't need the full aircraft editor, but currently it's the only way to change the CG, the exponential settings and the maximum deflection of control surfaces.

Its hard to tell from the photos or the comparison table whether RFB's simplified interlink controller has a dual rate switch, or not... But if it does, that should satisfy at least part of that need for beginners.

Just found this thread, and have one observation to offer; the video that shows G5 and RFB, has RFB running on a netbook!

RFB would be good (as was mentioned earlier) on portables.

Heck, I'm running G4.5 on my Acer netbook (although small aircraft and photofields are selected) after its video chipset was given support by KE/GP.

Kids would love the basic version. My grandkids already want it for holiday use.

Charles

(we bolded because i didnt want to say nobody will ever buy... we who have g4.5 probably wont buy this)

Well, maybe we have nieces/nephews or grandkids that might enjoy the simulator as a present, and of course, it is "educational". I kind of wish it had an upgrade path, but I understand and support the product line. I think they are getting a good deal.

Realflight Basic

I am a disabled veteran with a fixed income... Getting back into heli-choppers again. I cannot do nitro - the fuel gives me a headache. A friend recommended the Reaflight Basic... I had the G2 when it first came out, G4.5 was to expensive. All I need is basic training, so I bought the Realfight Basic from G-Force Hobbies in Wilmington, Delaware. I must say - it is quite parallel to my old G2... I will truly conquer hovering once again. I also have the Pre-Flight, FMS, HeliSimRC, and easyfly. My Realflight Basic is the most realistic of all.

High Chief Otunba Omowale Agbasaga of Ido-Osun, Osun State, Nigeria

Just bought the program, was very suprised that there is no manual either
paper or on the disk. There is a sheet of paper that has load instruction in
6 different lanquages, and a nicely printed sheet that has Install,Quick
Select,Reset Button,Wind Settings {But doesn't tell how to get to that point
to set them], and how to hand launch using the reset button. That's it for
Instuctions, there aren't any more that I can fined. How can you say
'RealFlight Basic offers entry-level training that is fun, realistic,& user
friendy.' or 'RealFlight Basic is the perfect no-frills system to get you
going.' when there's no direction on how to use the controller or the
program. Trying to figure out how to use hardware and software without
insstructions is not 'fun' or 'user friedly'.
Then I find out that this 'Basic' program is NOT upgradeable, now you have
a real unhappy person. Nowhere on the packaging does it say 'Not
Upgradeable'.
The software department did an excellent job on the working program , but
the document department really messed up. You sure do have an unhappy
customer.
I really think I got the shaft on this one, I payed $100 or half the price
of the complete program and I didn't even get a product that has a fifth of
the power,and that has very litte documentation. This is probly a good buy
for an intermediate RC pilot but not a newbie to RC. I am a licensed pilot
so I have some background to draw from, but a real newbie to flying RC
planes would probly find a different hobby.

SquatSwitch52 said:
Just bought the program, was very suprised that there is no manual either paper or on the disk...

Maybe, if you're lucky, your LHS will take it back. While I don't personally care for the product I have to agree with Phrank, you have to research the software you're going to purchase.

No complaints here from the guy with zero R/C aviation experience. I crew helicopters for a living, though, and am impressed with how the helis on the program respond wrt expected flight control responses. I think this thing is going to save me a lot of money in broken blades. :D

Last edited:
Back