swizzel stick any one

The CS

It is just gonna be a simple color scheme I think I got all the Swizzle pic's I could Google up :)

Still need the wings and I gonna try to model a nice looking engine for it.. There gonna be tubes for the nitro lines and servoes control horns. I gonna try to make a the rubber bands to hold on the tank and wings. All that is gonna eat up the poly count so wings are gonna be simple.

swizzel stick

here

Attachments

• Dsc00156o.jpg
    Dsc00156o.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Dsc00157.jpg
    Dsc00157.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Dsc00158.jpg
    Dsc00158.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Dsc00159.jpg
    Dsc00159.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Dsc00160.jpg
    Dsc00160.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 23
wing all most done

I doing this as a test to see how to make a transparent Mono coat covering, so I figured I better place a servo or two in there. I even using Crashed Again ideal to make the covering sink down a bit in to the open spaces. All this detail cut down the poly count fast so the best looking plane your going to get is a stick :)

But looks like a fun project ..

Attachments

• ST03.JPG
    ST03.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 28
  • ST04.JPG
    ST04.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 19
  • ST05.JPG
    ST05.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 16
Swizzle stick is airborn

well it is flying. just need the physic adjusted, and the Uvmaping finished. I gonna try a new program for the UVMAPING so it might take a week or two, to learn it.

Ok any one flown this baby and want to try the physics, just the flying part. I still need to do the servos pivots to make them move right. PM me or leave a post here if you want to tackle it.

Attachments

• ST06.JPG
    ST06.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 35
  • ST07.JPG
    ST07.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
It been asked why

It has been asked many times before why the modelers do not include the servos, fuel tanks, fuel lines, Ect.. Ect.... and I'm finding out why my self. IT IS A PAIN IN THE *&^%$#

Besides wasting the Polys on this stuff leave no room to make a nice looking model. I guess that is fine if you only fly Ugly Stick...

Updated a new Pic :) got the prop nut looking better and in the right place + assigned some colored tecture to it.

Attachments

• ST09.JPG
    ST09.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 34
  • ST10.JPG
    ST10.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 18
  • ST11.JPG
    ST11.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Its flying

I did a bit more on the Swizzle stick to make it more like a true RC, Added the servo linkages, Rudder and Elevator. Got up in the middle of the night with the thought that I should be able to make the throttle linkage move too.. One thing lead to another and I modified Crash Again's engine and gave the carburetor a Port valve, and linked it all up :) This is stuff you'll look at one time and say that nice. And never look at it again. But I get a Kick out of seeing it move

Still need the Map finished. most thing are colored with a Texture so you'll will not have to mess with it, just the wings body and tail will be paintable.

Attachments

• ST13.JPG
    ST13.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 28
  • ST12.JPG
    ST12.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 18
  • ST14.JPG
    ST14.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 26
  • ST15.JPG
    ST15.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 17
  • ST16.JPG
    ST16.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 26
Pretty killer!! I know exactly what you mean about: "This is stuff you'll look at one time and say that nice. And never look at it again." I feel the same way half the time when I'm modeling my stuff.....but I get more enjoyment out of creating the models than I do using them in G4.

I not only like the effort you put into the carb, throttle and other servo controls.....I like how you presented it in the attachment. The series of "3 movements" is a nice way to show it.

pplace said:
Pretty killer!! I know exactly what you mean about: "This is stuff you'll look at one time and say that nice. And never look at it again." I feel the same way half the time when I'm modeling my stuff.....but I get more enjoyment out of creating the models than I do using them in G4.

I not only like the effort you put into the carb, throttle and other servo controls.....I like how you presented it in the attachment. The series of "3 movements" is a nice way to show it.

I'm not so sure I'd agree that this is the type of stuff you'd look at once ... Some of us (me as an example) appreciate this kind of detail in an R/C simulator much more then the canopy opening and landing gear working to "scale" or a full cockpit, etc. It's what sets apart RealFlight from MS Flight Simulator X ... and all of the other R/C simulators out there.

Great job Junkboy!! This one might actually deserve that 10 rating that everyone will give it.

That thing looks great and is fun to fly JB! Thanks for lettin me test her out. LAW, do you know what it takes to get some of the gear and everything workin correctly on some of these planes? Of course not, you're not a modeller so how could you. I completely agree with the canopy thing. It's not actually an RC thing, but it's just a fun little thing to put in there. Where it's not needed or anything, it's just for fun and another way to test our limits with what we can do with RF. This is all just in plain fun. As for the 10 ratings, BAH! who cares. No contest or anything. Like I said, it's just for FUN :D Keep up the great work JB! Never seen anyone progress so dang much in just a short amount of time.

Law said:
Some of us (me as an example) appreciate this kind of detail in an R/C simulator much more then the canopy opening and landing gear working to "scale" or a full cockpit, etc.

Cowboy said:
I completely agree with the canopy thing. It's not actually an RC thing, but it's just a fun little thing to put in there. Where it's not needed or anything, it's just for fun and another way to test our limits with what we can do with RF.

I disagree with both of you. It's VERY common in the scale world to have working canopies. Some are "manual" open, some are air cylinder open, some are servo "mechanical" open, etc. Same goes for full cockpits....I'm personally prefer scale models (RL) so that's how I prefer to model them in the sim.

pplace said:
I disagree with both of you. It's VERY common in the scale world to have working canopies. Some are "manual" open, some are air cylinder open, some are servo "mechanical" open, etc. Same goes for full cockpits....I'm personally prefer scale models (RL) so that's how I prefer to model them in the sim.
Thanks pplace, I stand corrected. I've personally never seen one and never knew anybody ever put an opening canopy on a RC plane. That's why I said what I had said :D

I agree with pplace here. Also, with Cowboy. Let me explain. Each modeler models how they feel and inherently give a tend toward a style. As new techniques are learned the style change a little. I have a minimal approach in cockpit detail and CS detail because that is how I model. Just me.

willsonman said:
I agree with pplace here. Also, with Cowboy. Let me explain. Each modeler models how they feel and inherently give a tend toward a style. As new techniques are learned the style change a little. I have a minimal approach in cockpit detail and CS detail because that is how I model. Just me.

That's right....I like the fact that all the modelers are really so diversified in interests. It wouldn't be too exciting if everyone did everything the same. It opens so many other doors for different types of models

pplace said:

I don't disagree at all, opening canopies, full cockpits and even hand crafted "scale" landing gear is common in the scale world. It's also quite common to seldom see these creations at your local flying field unless there's a scale event.

My point is that we see a lot of these scale creations here on the swap pages. It's refreshing to see someone create an everyday R/C airplane and to put the time and effort into making that creation just as interesting as any scale airplane. I for one appreciate junkboy's efforts and wanted him to know that.

The creations that we see on the swap pages don't have to be scale airplanes to be interesting. I like seeing sticks, profiles, foamies and the planes we all fly everyday that have been given the same attention as some of the scale planes... and hope we see more of them.

Back