swizzel stick any one

Law said:
The creations that we see on the swap pages don't have to be scale airplanes to be interesting. I like seeing sticks, profiles, foamies and the planes we all fly everyday that have been given the same attention as some of the scale planes... and hope we see more of them.
I totally agree.

Thanks for the comments

Think guy for the comments.

It was fun trying to get every thing working. For the type if RC the model is trying to mimic it all worked out well. It was easy to get the stuff working right because the placement of the servos and horns in line with each other and I could scale the servos to get them to fit the wings, some thing that can not be done in the real RC.

The total's work out that the servos, push rods and linkages, horns and other RC detail took 1894 faces so 3788 polys in 3DS format. The model and engine the outer wings with the " DENT" effect and the second wings with the ribs came in just under the limit need for the collision mesh at 7850.

Total count for all was 11,690, plenty of room to play with the 20K limit, so still had more room for a better looking Model,... But keep in mind that this fuselage only had 24 faces. (48) polys. If you think that usually the Fuselage has the highest count of all the separate objects.

Still need to get the UV map finished kinda dragging my butt.

nice canopy.

I have seen A-10 and F15/16 many time befor. But never seen that F109 or any that slide backwards. that is so kool.

swizzle pics

Got around to shooting the "turd". That yellow stick is NICE, puts mine to shame, but mine's not meant to be pretty.

Attachments

• IMAG0001.JPG
    IMAG0001.JPG
    440.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0002.JPG
    IMAG0002.JPG
    482 KB · Views: 36
Great

Hey thanks for taking the old gal out of the hanger for me. for the life of me I could not remember what was your wing.

I was thinking about making one called the Turd, with bent landing gear, twisted tail boom and a broken wing. If people want a true REALISTIC looking and handling RC.

Ps. The Duct tape adds class :)

for sale

Making room for a new bird, and the 'ol turd has to go. I'll give you first dibbs if you want a backup plane. Has engine and servos, $50?

Interesting about the Circe origin.......oink.

Last edited:
Good news Bad news

Good news
I finally got the Alpha thing down and remapped the Swizzle Stick to where it is looking nice and ready for the swaps, :D

Bad news
It is not a Swizzle Stick, I modeled a Balsa USA Stick 40 :rolleyes:

A friend of mine just loaned me a set of planes for the true swizzle stick. I can get away with making a few changes on this one and get it out to the swaps later. So for now I going release this one at the Stick 40 after I do a paint job for Brian and Ozzy to match there planes.

Thanks guys for posting picture of your Models.

Attachments

• SWST20.JPG
    SWST20.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 16
  • SWST21.JPG
    SWST21.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back