The importance of a Pilot in an EA

Is a Pilot in the cockpit an expected feature of an EA?

• Yes

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • 6 of one, half dozen of another

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
You know I think I'll just stick with what I like. I've really gotten more excited about other things to model. Perhaps something may make me more interested in a pilot but not entirely likely. I've been taking to heart some comments about my Gee Bee, the canopy in particular... I have some polys to spare so I may do a new one and erase the old. Some things you never know until you try.

Pilots are nice, but they are not the "end all".

One thing the contest didn't look at, was a catagory for the planes a user was most likely to fly in G3/G4.

The Jackknife and yours would be at the top of this list for me...

They reason ( at least for me ) is that they more closely resemble real world RC models I'm likely to fly and/or own, than say Inky00's masterwork. Not that yours isn't one...

The scoring sheets as you know were biased towards LOD as opposed to functional design, and I knew that I'd take a big hit in my scoring without adding in pilots or cockpit details, but when it came down to it I just wanted to participate in the event and get an original design out to you guys, and for myself of course.

I appreciate that you see the pragmatism in my approach to modeling an airplane but you've got to tip your hat to the guys who spent the time going nuts with their scale replicas--they're really quite amazing works of 3D accomplishment.

Carl

I quite agree. While those great scale replicas are seen rarely at the flying field we now have a few more in our RF hangar due to the contest. To realistically build some of the aircraft in the contest would go far beyond my abilities. I am fairly confident I could build my Avenger or the Jack Knife but there is no way the Swordfish would be on my building table for the detail that would be involved there.

Back