The last model the swaps will see from me.

Please copy and PM Ryan Douglas if you agree.

Ryan,
The ratings system is completely meaningless. We the modelers and users of RealFlight believe the swap pages would be better without any form of ratings at all, compared to what it is now. Too often, people use it to irritate the uploader. Please remove all ratings and comments from every file, and disable the ratings system altogether. There is no need to have files rated. Ratings aren't accurate, anyway. If a user doesn't like a file, he need only to delete it and move on to the next file. This would be the best short term (or long term) solution to the problem that has irritated uploaders since the swap pages were created.

Hey 69... I finally gave the beast a rating... I have come to love flying this bird... as is... no tweaks that I think can make it better. It brings a new level to this sim's helis. It can do things that I cannot even imagine doing. I feel like I can compete with some of the custom mods that guys are flying in multiplayer... a more even starting point...

Boy it is quick in forward flight.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Scott, I have felt your pain and fully understand. Personally I'm sorry to see you go as an active modeler and only wish to reiterate a couple of points other people have noted.

As far as additional content for 99.9% of all RealFlight users, the swap pages is the ONLY place they will look. It is for this reason, if for no other, that all content should be posted there.

The rating system is ridiculous. End of subject. I know of only maybe a half-dozen individuals who are actually qualified to make more than a very general appraisal of a RF model. And guess what... Most of them don't leave many ratings or only do so when specifically asked.

If I could make any suggestion to you, it would be "Post & Forget". Don't even go back and look, if there's an actual problem with a model someone will send you a PM. It has taken me a couple of years to get to that point and I must say, I'm a lot happier for it.

Best wishes,
Doug

Boof, I understand that I'm one of the Idiots here, but If there is one thing I
understand, it's that your quitting something you'r very good at, over immature
people, and other's bad decisions. Even though I can be hot headed, I know that
sometimes, I have to ask my self if a decision is reasonable. Sometimes, I just need
to "cool off".

The rating system is ridiculous. End of subject. I know of only maybe a half-dozen individuals who are actually qualified to make more than a very general appraisal of a RF model.
I agree I have said in the past only a 3d modeler really understands what goes in to making a model ...... although I have, Even I feel truly unqualified to rate EA's

If I could make any suggestion to you, it would be "Post & Forget". Don't even go back and look,
Yup ........I could not tell you what ratings have been given or even how many or who has rated any of the models jeff and I have done ,

I came across this and after reading a lot of the comments I started to look for the file.
What I found was a couple ratings of 1 on the Goblin.
I would like to bring the following info to the front of the line.
The two persons that rated the Goblin have been members since early 2009,yet they only have posted in the forums one (1) time.
The one time they did post has cost us ALL a very good designer and fellow hobbyist, Boof69.
Boof69 please I am begging you for the sake of the many persons you and your models have both been helpful and greatly enjoyed,forget the simpletons and continue with your quest of enlightenment and model design.

Quest of enlightenment? Did I miss something?
I think that is a reference to Boofs desire to still respond and help in the forums with modelers queries. Just a different way of saying it. (i think).
Regardless of how you say it, I agree, it`s a crime to loose Boofs models and purdy renders.

Hi folks,
I've been a member for almost one year now, watching and learning, this is my first post.
IMHO it is a pity that KE will lose an excellent designer as Boof69 because of an - in my opinion - erroneous policy with the rating system in the swap pages.
I don't know if this was suggested before and discarded, but maybe it would be wise to make ratings optional for the designer. So when you upload an EA, AV or other the system asks you: Would you like this file to be rated - yes/no.
I have seen a lot of discussion about this topic, this is not new, but may become very disgusting occasionally. Some designers ask/beg for ratings, others do not want to be rated by people who have no idea (like me ;) ) or with second intentions.
Please have understanding for my wording, I am not a native english speaker.
I just love RF6!

Claus

Hi folks,
I've been a member for almost one year now, watching and learning, this is my first post.
IMHO it is a pity that KE will lose an excellent designer as Boof69 because of an - in my opinion - erroneous policy with the rating system in the swap pages.
I don't know if this was suggested before and discarded, but maybe it would be wise to make ratings optional for the designer. So when you upload an EA, AV or other the system asks you: Would you like this file to be rated - yes/no.
I have seen a lot of discussion about this topic, this is not new, but may become very disgusting occasionally. Some designers ask/beg for ratings, others do not want to be rated by people who have no idea (like me ;) ) or with second intentions.
Please have understanding for my wording, I am not a native english speaker.
I just love RF6!

Claus

This is exactly what I have been suggesting. Simply allow a designer to opt out of the ratings system. I would.

The ratings are stupid. Like jeffpn brought up earlier, does KE have a rating system for their models? It is a bit of an insult to the free working community to have their work belittled by some morons. I personally don't care what my files are rated bu it is irritating sometimes to see idiotic statements for eternity on your file.

I guarantee some people would not say the things they do if they were face to face with you. I personally don't see how it is beneficial to anyone by having ratings and comments. If a model is awesome enough people create threads on them anyhow--I have seen this a few times in the past. I think it would make the modelers and community feel more like a team to do away with the ratings and comments.

I feel like you thrive on what people feel and think about you so much and you cant stand to have some nut give you poor feed back.So you start a pity party thread about not uplading so you can see how many will beg you to keep uploading.You do make good models but if you are going to make a fuss over some ones vote or a rating system to this extent then I ask you to please hold everything you do and not upload it.So you are doing the right thing keep up the good work.:rolleyes:

I feel like you thrive on what people feel and think about you so much and you cant stand to have some nut give you poor feed back.So you start a pity party thread about not uplading so you can see how many will beg you to keep uploading.You do make good models but if you are going to make a fuss over some ones vote or a rating system to this extent then I ask you to please hold everything you do and not upload it.So you are doing the right thing keep up the good work.:rolleyes:

His first post. Enough said. :rolleyes:

I feel like you thrive on what people feel and think about you so much and you cant stand to have some nut give you poor feed back.So you start a pity party thread about not uplading so you can see how many will beg you to keep uploading.:rolleyes:

Exactly what someone who doesn't contribute many hours of effort will say.

idiot.

I think it's funny, the kid who rates it something like "This is crap. Take it down and post one that works" when all of the ratings above it are from people who think it's a wonderful model? Clearly everyone else got the same file installed. What kind of assumptions may I make about this kid with an offensive name?

Who's in for not posting any more EAs to the forum until the entire ratings system is taken down? It's irepairable and worthless, even detrimental.

I knew you were in!!! You started it! (The question for me was would post again if ratings were removed??)

Back