The XF5U-1 Flying Pancake is now on the swaps

Flys amazing 10

(the pics are of it at my scout carrier)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1192807990.jpg
    ScreenShot1192807990.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 39
  • ScreenShot1192808021.jpg
    ScreenShot1192808021.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 23
  • ScreenShot1192808024.jpg
    ScreenShot1192808024.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot1192808026.jpg
    ScreenShot1192808026.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 19
  • ScreenShot1192808089.jpg
    ScreenShot1192808089.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 11
Looks good. I can see it now. Some kid is gonna make a 3D plane and be hovering it in multiplayer.... :(

thats me

BigGuyJT said:
Looks good. I can see it now. Some kid is gonna make a 3D plane and be hovering it in multiplayer.... :(
ill be that kid im good at that i have a 3d hell cat its fun to fold in wings

BigGuyJT said:
sorry, already done :D

edit: i have one of those f6's too!

Last edited:
I really like this one . Two questions tho. 1 was it meant to be so floaty ? 2. I'm guessing it jumps off the ground so quickly because of the angle it sits at, am I correct in that assuption?

sonicjet said:
sorry, already done :D

edit: i have one of those f6's too!
Glad to see you guys are liking it :D and I knew this was going to happen. I had to tone it down quite a bit so it wasn't so 3Dish. Plus it has those big props to hang it was pretty much a given. Just turn up the throws and move the CG back and your set. I can do some pretty sweet maneuvers with this plane that I have never seen before.

My favorite move so far was a happy accident after clipping a prop. It'll do some interesting stuff with only one prop spinning. :)

dirtyonetwo said:
I really like this one . Two questions tho. 1 was it meant to be so floaty ? 2. I'm guessing it jumps off the ground so quickly because of the angle it sits at, am I correct in that assuption?
Yes your correct. The plane was designed so the whole thing is in the prop wash. This is what gives it it unique flying characteristics. It was considered one of the first VSTOL's. The real one took off and landed the same way or at least it would have . The real one never did get a chance to fly but it did make a couple small hops off the ground at very low speed during taxi testing.

Last edited:
rjmanzuk said:
Looks like it wouldn't be too difficult, given a good source of Depron.
http://home.planet.nl/~otten100/XF5U-1.html
How are things at LAX? Haven't messaged in awhile.

Sent Guiseppe an email yesterday, he replied last night. This is definately going on my build list.

LAX is about the samne as it always is this time of year - everybody's trying to get all their construction projects done before the big holiday rush (the ones they put off all year) :)

Did get to see the A-380, but it was 0200, so all I got was a crappy picture off my Treo.

I have G4.5 & 5.5, I see the plane is listed under G3 I down loaded the plane and I can get it all to work except I can not get it to taxi or fly. do you know how I can make this a flyer in G4.5 or 5.5?
I am building a scale model and would like to practice with this model before I fly mine.

Back