Tractor 120

Below are two links to wikipedia that list each side, far too many for me to remember. But generally speaking there were just a few powers that were the leaders. For the Allies it was the United States, United Kingdom, Soviet Union, and China. For the Axis it was Germany, Japan, and Italy. I know it's not popular these days to maintain my view of the war but if I'm going to create a plane from World War II it's going to be one that fought on the Allies side.

Post wwii (cold war) would you you base the ailled vs enemy planes based on NATO Vs Warsaw Pact.

A little or a lot patroitism is not terrible. I dont think judging a plane by what ever the country of origin's leaders had for ideas is fair to the design. But I can see your point of view. your differences in opinion may be more based on our age difference; you seeing it more from first person (cold war) and parents memories (wwii) and myself being more history books (i was born after the fall of the USSR)

I hear what you are saying Technoid.
I was born in 47 and grew up playing on bomb sites (just craters in the ground where houses used to be) in my home town of Coventry England (blitzed a few times during the war), there were so many homes destroyed that even in the mid Fifty's they had not even filled in all the craters, and for years I hated everything German, (cars, planes, people), but time is a great healer and we have to understand the destruction on both fronts.
Today my daughter is married to a German and he is a great guy, and yes I plan on making a couple of Luftwaffe aircraft models.

I'm sorry I have a different view than you guys I guess I should have kept it to myself. But to be clear I don't harbor any malice towards any of the Axis people today, like ASJ said time marches on. But you model from a period in history and I'm not going to model enemy planes. Today is today and I live in the present but I shared my thoughts about a time in History and my views of it. I thought I had the right to my own opinion.

Note. I didn't ask anyone else not to model enemy planes I only said I wouldn't.

I'm sorry I have a different view than you guys I guess I should have kept it to myself. But to be clear I don't harbor any malice towards any of the Axis people today, like ASJ said time marches on. But you model from a period in history and I'm not going to model enemy planes. Today is today and I live in the present but I shared my thoughts about a time in History and my views of it. I thought I had the right to my own opinion.

Note. I didn't ask anyone else not to model enemy planes I only said I wouldn't.
Your view is just as important as anyone else's I am glad you shared it, America is a free country, you have the right to say whatever you want, I respect your opinion, as much as the next person's.

You are a man with morals, (morals with good intentions) I respect that.

I started backing up my windows getting ready to reinstall Windows 10. Hopefully that will go okay I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and had a retail license so hopefully when I start the reinstall everything will work. I worry because they didn't give you a Key it's supposed to just work when you reinstall. But how will they know who I am if my IP Address changed, which it did. I guess maybe it's tied to your Microsoft account.

I started backing up my windows getting ready to reinstall Windows 10. Hopefully that will go okay I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and had a retail license so hopefully when I start the reinstall everything will work. I worry because they didn't give you a Key it's supposed to just work when you reinstall. But how will they know who I am if my IP Address changed, which it did. I guess maybe it's tied to your Microsoft account.

If you have any activation issues let me know. I can help you out.

technoid i had a chat with my nephew he looks after the vic collage and he told me when i was changing my hard drive that windows is good to go or reistalling windows is ok , where the issue comes in is if you change motherboards , then you have to purchase new windows

technoid i had a chat with my nephew he looks after the vic collage and he told me when i was changing my hard drive that windows is good to go or reistalling windows is ok , where the issue comes in is if you change motherboards , then you have to purchase new windows
Yes, that's true for an OEM version of Windows but I had a Retail version which can be moved from computer to computer so no limitation like the OEM version. But I don't know what they give you for free, the same version you had or an OEM version.

But I haven't upgraded the motherboard but I think I've upgraded the graphics board.

Here I am on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and when I checked it said it was activated so I guess I'm good to go. Of course now I have to reinstall everything, ugh! But at least Windows boots fast now it was very slow before even though I was booting off my Samsung 950 Pro M2.SSD. I don't know why but it got very slow so I'm a happy camper now. So it's time to get a fresh cup of coffee and start installing, or maybe I'll create a backup image first just in case.

After I installed Windows 10 I installed Office 2010 but when I checked for updates I found out Microsoft quit supporting it recently. So in our connected world I figured I better upgrade. I use Outlook for email so I bought Office 2019 Home and Business. I like the way the older version looks better but I like the fact the new version is a digital download so I can install it from their website.

So the end of the story is I went back and reinstalled Windows 10 because I had already installed Office 2010 and didn't want whatever they'd leave behind when I uninstalled it. So here I am with another fresh install of Windows 10 and Office 2019. Ha.. maybe I can finally move on now.

Last edited:
After I installed Windows 10 I installed Office 2010 but when I checked for updates I found out Microsoft quit supporting it recently. So in our connected world I figured I better upgrade. I use Outlook for email so I bought Office 2019 Home and Business. I like the way the older version looks better but I like the fact the new version is a digital download so I can install it from their website.

So the end of the story is I went back and reinstalled Windows 10 because I had already installed Office 2010 and didn't want whatever they'd leave behind when I uninstalled it. So here I am with another fresh install of Windows 10 and Office 2019. Ha.. maybe I can finally move on now.

My wife hates the newer version too. She was used to Office 2010 and of course they had to change a bunch of stuff. I get Office 365 free through work. BTW my "work wife" who sits closest to me just tested positive for Covid-19.

Back