Tractor 120

My wife hates the newer version too. She was used to Office 2010 and of course they had to change a bunch of stuff. I get Office 365 free through work. BTW my "work wife" who sits closest to me just tested positive for Covid-19.
After I played with Outlook 2019 more it seems to be fine but for some reason I'm still not warming up to Word 2019 but in the end I'll get used to it. Opps.. that's not good news are you going to get tested?

After I installed Windows 10 I installed Office 2010 but when I checked for updates I found out Microsoft quit supporting it recently. So in our connected world I figured I better upgrade. I use Outlook for email so I bought Office 2019 Home and Business. I like the way the older version looks better but I like the fact the new version is a digital download so I can install it from their website.

So the end of the story is I went back and reinstalled Windows 10 because I had already installed Office 2010 and didn't want whatever they'd leave behind when I uninstalled it. So here I am with another fresh install of Windows 10 and Office 2019. Ha.. maybe I can finally move on now.
nice your getting your system back up and running faster i just did a update to the windows 10 newest update and had to reinstall a couple itemes that quit , everything seems good now

I have a question for you guys. In my old windows install I had all the versions of realflight I owned installed but I'm wondering if there's any reason to have RF 6.5, RF 7.5, and RF 8 installed? I might just install RF 9.5, and RF-X on my new installation. Is there any reason to install the other versions?

Maybe install RF 7.5 to check compatibility when I release a new plane. (If I still do that)

Last edited:
Question. I don't want OneDrive to save the My Documents folder to the Cloud but all that seems fixed. Is there a way to get my storage location back to "My Documents" instead of "OneDrive\My Documents" and stop the syncing?

I know I can unlink OneDrive but I think that will still leave the "OneDrive\My Documents" storage method and I want to make it like it was without OneDrive just "My Documents".

Well I fixed my problem with OneDrive by restoring my system from a System Image I created after I installed windows. Then the first thing I did was Un-Install OneDrive before installing anything else. The first problem I had that made me start over again is when I installed RealFlight it synced ALL of the files to OneDrive in the Cloud and the first time I installed one of my swap page planes the install reported a corrupt TGA file and the plane looked terrible. And since every swap page plane is installed in the My Documents folder everyone of them (gigabytes) would be synced to the Cloud using up all my storage. So now I don't have OneDrive installed and that won't happen. In todays world I don't think storing the swap page planes in My Documents is such a good idea. Anyway I'm off and running again. But it's time to go to the grocery store so it's mask and gloves time again. Later.

OneDrive came back on it's own so I did some research and when you log into your Microsoft Account OneDrive is installed and enabled again. So a little more research promises a way to completely get rid of it. Why does Microsoft force something on you so hard, OneDrive should be an option to enable not something you have to fight to get rid of. There's a Policy you can enable if you have Windows 10 Pro and registry entries you can Add if you have Windows 10 Home to completely Disable OneDrive. So I guess tomorrow I'll do that, now I'm just angry I thought I got rid of it.

I get rid of Skype as well as OneDrive.
Yeah I don't want it either but it's not causing me grief like OneDrive is. I just tried what the webpage said and uninstalled onedrive then logged into my microsoft account and then even went to onedrive online and so far onedrive hasn't reinstalled itself. But I haven't rebooted yet to see if it does it then. I wanted to duplicate what they said and then use the Policy setting to force it off and then test it again to make sure that works. Man I hate this.. onedrive has already mirrored the whole RF9 install again. Arg.. this sucks.

I forget what I used to get rid of it but I don't even have a OneDrive Icon in File Manager. If I check it online it has an empty Pictures folder of 96 bytes. That's it.
The website directions I found said the icon would go away but I haven't tried their directions yet. At first I wanted to see if it would come back like they said by logging into my Microsoft account, but it didn't come back so far and I've re-booted now too.

OneDrive is, unfortunately, forcibly crammed down user's throats, but there are some good reasons for that. Rather than debate the issue, I may have thought of a way to make it less of a problem for you and others.

I don't even bother to set up OneDrive, so I don't have the problem or a testbed, but the functionality is similar to iCloud for Mac. The biggest problem that cloud sync services have is that they start by moving everything that exists in certain folders to the cloud and then leaving a stub file on your local system. Some programs don't deal well with the actual file not being immediately available for file activity, especially because the cloud services are integrated to the point that the OS is lying to apps and pretending that the file is really still there while it fetches it.

I know that you have searched in vain for a way to exempt files and folders from OneDrive, but have you tried the inverse? Isn't there an option to always keep a local copy of files and folders you identify? I know that iCloud for Windows has that feature.

Okay. I hit post, then did my own search. You should be able to use the OneDrive Files On Demand settings to ensure that the files are always available on the PC:

Last edited:
Back