Tractor 120

technoid

One of our members from Brazil (pedrovillanova) ask me if I would create the Tractor 120 for him. It's a large flat winged trainer made by Flying Circus in Brazil that lots of people could learn how to fly with so I'm going to start working on it soon. It has an 88 inch wingspan and they recommend a 20cc gas engine on it. Here's a few pictures to get the build thread going.

tractor120-4.jpgtractor120-5.jpgtractor120-7.jpg

One of our members from Brazil (pedrovillanova) ask me if I would create the Tractor 120 for him. It's a large flat winged trainer made by Flying Circus in Brazil that lots of people could learn how to fly with so I'm going to start working on it soon. It has an 88 inch wingspan and they recommend a 20cc gas engine on it. Here's a few pictures to get the build thread going.

View attachment 120028View attachment 120029View attachment 120030
You are the best!

Well I just released the final beta for the XF-3D so I guess it's time to start looking at this project. The one problem I have is I don't have a good 3-view of the plane I have a small drawing that has the fuselage side and the top of the wings and hstab but no top view of the fuselage to use for the width and shape of the top. So I guess I'll just look at some pictures and guess on that part. I did write an email to the mfg. (flying circus) but they didn't answer me. (bummer) I don't understand why a mfg. wouldn't help out with a good 3-view of their plane to model it from. So I guess I'll start working on this project soon.

Here's two pictures of Pedro's Tractor and after seeing them I decided to create the bones so I can release a plane that looks like this. He sure did a great job on his plane. His plane is the Tractor 25 so it's smaller than the Tractor 120 I'm doing but as far as I can tell the shape of the planes and the build layout is the same.

116113322_325965208577753_3218572273779004524_n.jpg111532286_795406681265119_4931827562921794122_n.jpg

The only outline of the Tractor 120 I could find was on their website but it's only a 2-view so it doesn't have a top view of the fuselage. So I ask Pedro to take a picture of his Tractor from the top down and then loaded that in Photoshop and created a path around it. Then I took that path and put it into the 2-view I got from their website and scaled the path to fit the length of the side view of the fuselage in that drawing to create a 3-view I can use to model with. Here's what I ended up with.

Tractor 120 Plan.jpg

I created a 3ds Max project for the Tractor 120 this morning. I had to go back and flip the fuselage and airfoil horizontally in the plan they were facing the wrong way for building it. I haven't created any parts yet but I'm ready to start doing it. Right now I need to go to the grocery store so it's mask and gloves time. But I'm looking forward to starting on this plane. It's a simple trainer and not a fancy warbird but for some reason it fits me and I want to see it finished in a nice transparent color scheme. I know Pedro is going to create his transparent blue color scheme for it that I posted but I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I also decided to do all the parts fresh this time since it's a simple plane so we'll see if that gets rid of the angle stripe problem I always have. But right now it's time to head out so I better get going.

This will not be "A simple trainer" it will be a "great trainer" aircraft with Technoid's attention to detail and excellent flight characteristics, I am looking forward to flying this model.
Stay safe on the store trip.

This will not be "A simple trainer" it will be a "great trainer" aircraft with Technoid's attention to detail and excellent flight characteristics, I am looking forward to flying this model.
Stay safe on the store trip.
Thanks for the encouragement that always helps. I was planning to do a bomber next but Pedro ask if I would be interested in this plane and it kind of grew on me. I also like seeing the structure that always looks great to me.

Aww technoid, what a sweetie you are, haha~ <3 Naw, all jokes aside (but your kindness is the truth) I for one am too eagerly awaiting to see this. It reminds me of what we call, 'Falcon Trainers' here. Being in the Middle East, I'm sure you can all understand from a cultural point of view, why they are called so.

All we'd need in RealFlight is Falcon AI Birds and we're good to go!

Aww technoid, what a sweetie you are, haha~ <3 Naw, all jokes aside (but your kindness is the truth) I for one am too eagerly awaiting to see this. It reminds me of what we call, 'Falcon Trainers' here. Being in the Middle East, I'm sure you can all understand from a cultural point of view, why they are called so.

All we'd need in RealFlight is Falcon AI Birds and we're good to go!

This tried to grab my helicopter out of the air the other day

a13977153-225-IMG_20200826_175650%5B1%5D.jpg

Back